Emerson Shield 2005

Maybe they need to look at the size of the zones yet again then to make sure that they are all fairly even in size.

Craig
You can only draft two bowlers - You still have to find the other 5

The other thing that I find interesting is that all teams have to have 7 members with a minimum of 5.

If a team only has 5 bowlers the other two members then become vacancy scores that can win points with an ave of 175 for men and 155 for ladies.

Hypothetically speaking you could enter a team of 5 and have a 175 guarnteed game in every block.

With the draft and everything you would hope that all teams have 7 bowlers and the only time that a vacancy would be considered is if there was an injury once the tournament had commenced.

Hi All,

I would suggest that if you have suggestions on Emerson format, that you put them in writing and submit them to your local Goldpin centre- or you can send them to me as I am the Goldpin Vic secretary. We are trialling the draft system this year because it was suggested that some teams are going away with a stacked team and leaving behind lesser capable bowlers-(due to the minimum game rule).

We appreciate any constructive feedback and will take all serious ideas on board. Can't promise we will implement every idea, but it will certainly be taken on board.

Regards,

Edi

Woza said:
Hypothetically speaking you could enter a team of 5 and have a 175 guaranteed game in every block.

Wow, a guaranteed 175 game at "The Great Equalizer". Sounds like a good bet to me.

Whilst I am the "official " pine pony for Werribee this year I feel a need to add a Ballarat voice to this conversation (especially now with Colac online).

BALLARAT TEAMS
Men
Lyndon McGregor
Toby Kelly
Kevin Veitch
Mick Rowan
Kenny Bennetts
Barry Daly
Peter Gallagher

Women
Liz Aldous
Judy Cartledge
Cathy Crameri
Jenny Osborne
Karyn Nunn
Barb Daly
Judy Wright

Not a bad team, few new faces although missing a few familiar names, i.e. Meyer, Mattai(s), Allen and not even the emigmatic John Burns who is still recovering from Country Cup (he got a bwister on his widdle finger).
It's time to find out whether Ballarat can really perform without a Woody.

Graeme

Werribee said:
We are trialling the draft system this year because it was suggested that some teams are going away with a stacked team and leaving behind lesser capable bowlers-(due to the minimum game rule).

I gather that you mean a stacked team of less than 7 bowlers ie either 5 or 6.

I think that a draft is a good idea the only suggestion that I would make in reference to the vacancy score is that it could not win individual points. If you bowl against the vacancy and do not beat the 175 then you do not win your point. That point is not allocated to either team.
The vacancy score however does contribute to the overall point.

I believe that this format would encourage all teams to enter 7 bowlers whether they used the draft system or filled the team from their own centre.

i just thought that the draft was put in to look after teams who had trouble either fielding a team, or making one a bit more competitive.

yet first year in and we have 2 teams not bowling, and thats disappointing

"great equalizer" HA HA HA

nothing will be equal to what i will unleash at it in a few weeks time

214+ (856/4) and a slab

bring it on

can't get anywhere without a "woody"

theres ya answer in 1

ballarat have gone out to 20/1

colac and warrnambool into 4/1

So Chucky ya going to do some odds for our zone ??

Shepparton
Bendigo
Mildura
Wodonga
Echuca
Horsham

I think thats right for northern,

Cheerz
Kevin

craig said:
"great equalizer" HA HA HA

nothing will be equal to what i will unleash at it in a few weeks time

214+ (856/4) and a slab

bring it on

:rofl:

The house of pain will claim you as a victim Chucky...and if not...

I'll be the first to congratulate you. But gotta say, my $30 is feeling pretty secure right now, considering what I've dished up to myself and all the other poor b@stards here lately :silly:

craig said:
maybe scotty will have to fill us in between beaming up between colac and warrnambool

i'll see what i can organise.
Gary might have to bunk me in line for the 386 though.

Damn - i knew i should have taken the 5's when they were offered - already down to 4/1 !
I have heard that Warrnambool will be without Jason Way, Eddie Way and Matthew Wines, but i am not sure who is actually going.
Just on the discussion of the draft, we struggled to get 7 bowlers from the start and whilst 9 went through qualifying, only 6 turned up for the roll off. I would imagine the idea of the draft was for this type of situation - to help fill up teams that are struggling for numbers. It is obviously a disadvantage to have to use the vacancy score in 4 games - though from all reports if may be an advantage at "the great equalizer".
cobow - you are more than welcome to use my new computer - just give me 30 minutes notice so i can fire it up.

i hear the angry lil man is back in the country, so if he decides to play, he will surely turn up the heat, thus influencing warrnambool into a few points they normally wouldn't get

be interesting to see the line up, they might be foxing atm

odds for northern zone

(evens) shepp women beating every team, male or female

2/1 bendigo men

3/1 shepp men

6/1 mildura men

20/1 wodonga and echuca men

200/1 horsham men with or without wingnut

and for the girls

2/1 mildura

3/1 bendigo

10/1 horsham

15/1 wodonga

500/1 echuca

now back to the only zone that will have any influence in the emmerson shield

the "western zone" or as i am now naming it the "danger zone"

melton won last year, because an off guard geelong team got a caining off the boys, mentally giving melton an edge which they carried all the way through the tournament

my tip is that this could be meltons undoing come november, time will only tell

as for the "great equalliser" heres my spin on it, if it hooks too much, bin it, if it hits like crap, bin it, if it reacts indiferently, bin it for everything else, use plastic and speed

+56, it can't be that hard

and last of all for the "dream zone"

evens mooroolbark

2/1 moreoil

3/1 mentone

8/1 narre warren

1000/1 everyone else

official odds next sunday night (july 31)

Hey chucky,

love those odds mate for the "Dream Zone" especially when you consider 9 go through, and they are dropping like flies. A couple more pull out and we wont even have to turn up to zones to get through. 1 more goes and we are through :p yippee. Only 4 going to zone final, l have heard, and 3 go through, your odds might need adjusting l think Chucky - :cool:

On a serious note, it is sad to see teams unable to come to aggrements in terms of the zone finals to be able to attend, what has become a great yearly event.

With the changes added this year, it would have been great to see all centres participate in the event, to see what the changes in zones would have done to the state final.

Have no probs with the draft, but off course you cant draft an entire team, as would be the case with Sale & Greensbourgh to get them into the zone final.

DO YOU REMEMBER ME?
its being a while since i last said hello. well i am not bowling is much these days but i still would like to wish the to all teams compeating in the comp the best of luck
go sunraysia

craig said:
melton won last year, because an off guard geelong team got a caining off the boys, mentally giving melton an edge which they carried all the way through the tournament

my tip is that this could be meltons undoing come november, time will only tell

Nice assessment, though I think a weaker team all round and a Werribee team that might actually be IN THE TOURNEY this time :rolleyes: will be our undoing.

Hey Paigeeeey

Your a comedian if we only had to bowl 160's instead of 220's to win,we'd finish as high as you too

And If I remember rightly we finished above you guys at Country Cup This year :cool: :cool: Maybe this is the start of something big

Cheerz
Kevin

Hey let's not forget that I was happy you guys finishing higher than us at country cup, maybe it will be the start of something big or you just busted the bubble with your post but what ever happens don't knock our 160's for a win, I know sometimes you guys win on games of a similar score and I'm not the one putting our womens team on a pedastool like some people do. ;)

You know you're my hero Kevy, oh and by the way you may call me Miss Paige!! :p :p

Miss Paige is no good how about "Mistress Paige Dominatrix" I'm sure Thomo would love the whips and leather :twisted: :twisted:

Guarrentee a smile on chucky's face

Cheerz
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom