Ebonite/Hammer and VBP association?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando's ProShop

Score More For Le$$
Staff member
On the recent "Getting Sponsored" thread Max from Bowling Balls Australia quoted the following to Sam.

"Sam - like it or not, you have to accept that Visionary is here to stay and is EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS YOUR PRODUCT. If you took the time to do some research you would find out the owners of Visionary have been involved in the manufacture of bowling balls for a VERY long time. Are the names of Ebonite & Hammer familiar to you at all? Check it out and then you may realise that more than "only 1 in 4 or 5 are any good" (end quote)."

After I read Max's post I directed my boss from Ebonite (Mike Quitter) to have a glance at the post.

Here is an email Mike Quitter sent me:

“Brando:
The owner of Visionary was one of the original owners of Faball. There is no association with Ebonite, however, except that he was still one of the owners when we bought Faball.
In other words, except for the fact that we bought Faball 1 day before it went bankrupt for the last time, I don't know of any association between us and them.
Mike”

It seems as though Max has his wires crossed. Ebonite and Hammer have had nothing to do with Visionary. The owner of Visionary is apparently one of the original owners of Faball. For those of you who don't know, Faball was Hammer before Ebonite purchased them in 2002. When Ebonite purchased Faball they made a complete change:

• Ebonite discarded the name Faball – now they are known only as Hammer.
  • The Faball plant was shut down and now all the balls are manufactured in the Ebonite plant.
  • All the Faball staff were shown the door except for one - International Staffer “Jason Walsh”.

I have researched Max's claim and I am merely stating the facts.

Brando

As most posts read....and because it is written.......you can percieve or comprehend the post in a manner of different ways.
The post as written by BBA, does seem incorrect and Brandons' research is the absolute truth. But,can it be that BBA, was simply making a point that there are other manufacturers on the market other than Columbia , who make the Track brand of ball.
Then you could understand that Maxs' message simply stated that a previous owner/proprieter of Faball, made the move to create a new label.
There is no doubting Brandons reasearch is undenaibly true. I will certainly not argue that point.
And on the lighter side Sam......when are you going to stop riding somebody elses coat tales. What would you have done if George had of switched to Ebonite/Hammer at the end of 2005? Brag about what you do?

Lots of love,
Wendy

Agree with wendy on the point about how you comprehend BBA's post.

Brando,

In one aspect, regarding the VBP - Hammer association, Max is 100% correct. The ORIGINAL Hammers were done by the owner of VBP, the fact that the current hammer range is done by Ebonite is neither here nor there really. There are plenty of Faball 'Hammers' still out there in leagues that have more in common with a VBP ball than an Ebonite one.

On the other hand, unless there's something I missed, I'd agree on the wires crossed about VBP-Ebonite connection, other than the fact they both owned the trademarks to the Faball range at one time.

blackwidow said:
And on the lighter side Sam......when are you going to stop riding somebody elses coat tales. What would you have done if George had of switched to Ebonite/Hammer at the end of 2005? Brag about what you do?

On the lighter side? The reason anyone sponsors a bowler is so that they can showcase their product; of course the sponsor is going to highlight thier bowlers achievements. If that is bragging, there is a hell of a lot of going on on this site. As far as Sam bragging about his own achievements, he could do a lot worse - Rachuig allstars, several tournament wins here and Brisbane and good finishes nationally, and in the final 6 for selection for the national team, along with 'established' stars like Brando and George. That is without counting the time he puts into helping the NQ juniors and others.

I don't normally get involved in flame wars, but s,mall minded comments about good people tend to rub me the wrong way.

Cheers, Robbie.

no need for another arguement, topic closed until Jase tells me what he wants done with it.

Gees must be a full moon still.

Brando thank you for clearing it all up and great post, straight to the point all FACTS and valuable information.

Sam not sure what’s in the mangos this time of year, but i seem to think its having some effect on you. What you have posted could have been said a whole lot better and worded differently. This is a great example of what i mean about people wanting to stir the pot.

Wendy also the last part of your post could quiet easily been done in a PM to Sam, as you will read in the PM I sent you with the heading WARNING.

I run a business as well and don’t have the time or patience to sift through crap like this everyday.

Keep it up guys and there will be some Total Bowling holidays handed out.

Once again TOPIC CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom