pulse-tech

:D just like to know how everyone felt about the lanes
for east coast
we fell short on our predicted 4 300 games
but 3 wasn't to bad and the
countless 270+ games
congratulations must go to brett hughes for being
number 1 in all stars

It was certainly high scoring theres no doubt about that.
For those of us that didn't bowl on it but saw the scores can we have some more detail about what was laid down.
Brendan H

Well I don't know the exact condition that was laid down, but I could basically find pocket with any of my 3 balls, and during the singles/doubles/teams events of the championships I picked out a ball that would carry the best.

I'm guessing numerous people would label this condition a "block" or a "ditch", and I guess that would be correct :p
I know personally I had a couple of boards area either way, and if I tugged it hard it would skid or throw out too far it would come back too much.

Thanks Greg for your comments, and I also expected to see a lot more 300 and even the ones that were thrown were late in the championships. I had the front 10 once for a 288, and front 9 once for a 279, thats about as close as I got.

Cheers,
Brett

The Scores from EC look fantastic!!!

If there was a "Block" or "Ditch" is this a good thing or bad thing for bowling?

What do people think??

BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what other sports get set up to allow people to miss the target and still get rewarded!!!!!!!!! :evil:

the condition that was laid down was an fiq compliant condition
i was told proir to the event that it was a Showcase type
event and the lanes were to be high scoring as they were the proir year at Blacktown
the condition was not blocked some people may call it a ditch type condition due to the large ratio of oil from 5 board to 20 board
the ratio was similar to that which is laided down in most
high scoring centres for a leauge condition or house shot

I guess it depends on what bowlers expect to get out of a tournament like east coast.

I think its potentially damaging for the sport in the sense that this kind of condition doesn't teach you the value of a consistent release, ball speed and accurate shot.
Brendan H

Back
Top Bottom