East coast cup

PoITeR

Bowl-A-Holic
Just want to say congrates to all the bowlers who made the team.

there was some top bowling, bad luck to russle on the solid ten pin for a 299

i think its gettin to expensive with all the travel an wat not
congrats to all who made the team

From what i was told they could have had enough to draft but one of the girls broke 2 of her toes n couldnt bowl

Dnt noe if its tru, i guess we r gonna have to wait to hear from the committee from NSW for the truth witch will hopfully very soon.

dont forget though drafting then becomes a cost fact to the state. You need 7 for each division so 28 bowlers under the age of 21.

Your going to then subsidise these bowlers by supplying uniform and any accommodation help right ?? so where does the money come from when your not receiving money in ?

Roll off is not getting any cheaper with the out lay of lineage and uniform costs so to say lets draft is great - in hindsight but in reality i dont see how the committee is going to come up with the cash to do it with no major sponsorship forthcoming.

It is sad to see that there are no juniors rolling off - hence one reason why i no longer bowl the event (not the same anymore) - after 16yrs bowling eccc it is just so sad to see the drop off of jnr in nsw. Whether its from lack of advertisiment or lack of interest maybe eccc is going to have to look at going back to its OLD DAYS ie Adults Only :(

A lot of the problem is no avertising, if forms are at the bowling alley's people can see it, but most of the time they are not there or staff dont care, what the eccc staff should advertise on here tell id secertaries and anyone who can get juniors involed so we can get something done. If we dont get it fixed ecc in nsw will be dead and buried

A team of volunteers spent their time travelling to bowling centres delivering entry forms by hand.

Entry forms are sent to I.D. and Leagues as well as centres as far as Orange, Tamworth, Strike City and Dee Why.

One person who went to the trouble of hand delivering the entry forms witnessed them being tossed into the bin 10 minutes after delivering them.

Barbara Marcollini and several of her assistants have spent the last six months speaking to Centre Managers, Coaches etc who all gave assurances that they had youth available only to find that not one person came through for them.

We are at a loss as to why many of the youth in NSW will not bowl ECCC. We know cost is a factor but with fundraising and donations from GSTBA and ID, more than a third of the costs are covered by the association. Bowlers can also elect to take a payment plan to help save the money which is only $10 to $20 per week.

If each adult bowler looked out for one youth bowler in the centres where they bowl over the year we would be able field our youth teams.

Please someone tell us what more can be done, as we have no idea what the answer is.

NSW East Coast Committee

Having forms tossed in the bin is a swift kick in the pants. It's obvious some centres do not care for the bowlers when they do this. I've seen centres display forms months after an event has been completed. It's just wrong.

doesn't bowl sydney have a list of names of bowlers and the leagues they bowl in from the Gstba rego???

Yes the cost would put some people off total agree

but for ur grade a big put off is ur handicap scores system is fair for the roll offs...
Look in 2006 the last time graded under 21's people had huge handicaps and than comes time for roll off shots the house apart luck maybe than once we got to east again shot the house apart............. I think the handicaps should be re looked at by the east coast committe two weeks or wat eva a time agreed by the committe before east coast ...

I mean what is a true avg for a person is it fair to take it from may or june and then still have it september??????? The system has to be looked had it so u can't sorry to say 'sandbag"

i haven't been around that long but isn't true that the adult teams use to support the under 21's and the oppsite way around but i found the under 21's lost interest and than the adults fair enough wouldn't support execpt for a few good ppl .. welll the two years that i did in 2005 and 2006 the adults might of done it for a night and a few ppl would do it for the rest of the week but wen the under 21's don't support them well i don't blame the adults for not doing it.... The two years i bowlid i enjoyed it and had ppl with some knowledge help me with my game which i am greatful.

Teams is the best night even i did win two years in a row the graded doubles....The more noise and support the better....

Stop the *****ing and back stabbing in the sport and ppl have to realise that ur a team and u have to support each other wether u like them or not.. both QLD and VIC both had four times amount of support there........

Sorry if ppl enjoy they'll always come back but wen they don't enjoy it and don't get support from ppl who have done it in the past well that's what u end up.

I mean the under 21's are the furture and the old and wiser ones don't support them well sorry to say the sport if u call it that will die which would be a great shame.......

but the under 21's have to understand they also have to support the adults and seniors as well for the full week just not a game or a night.

pls correct if i am wrong love to hear others opinions

Some times the people bowling in the under 21's have no choice in having leave... Most bowlers bowling in the under 21's are under the age of having a licence and there fore have someone else drive them be it family or friends and if they person/ persons want to leave then they go...

I am an under 21 girl and I can tell you that alot of the under 21 bowlers do stay and support the adults and alot of the adults do support the under 21's. But you can expect people to stay in the bowl all day if they don't to, and even more so when we go away and people want to go out have a look around.

I agree that it's a bit crappy that we don't have the under 21's side but in saying that we did try and alot of people worked really hard. Some of these people gave up their time and weekends to go around to different centres and speak to people to encourage the younger bowler.

And it's all fine and go to say after the roll off's that this person would have bowled and that person would have. If that was the case then why not just roll off. It's all fine and good for people to judge and say well this could have been done and that should have been done, if you have idea's put them forward and if you want to help then offer.

On a different note. I'd like to say good luck to everyone who did make the teams and are going away, you will all do your state proud and I can't wait to get up there and cheer you all on.

Tiffani

Firstly let me say..............it is all fine and good to sit back and ask why when all is said and done. If people don't want to bowl then they wont, but what annoys me is when they don't bowl they criticise those that do.

I have been to Sydney about 6 times since the start of the year and probably turned up at at least 6 different venues through out NSW and every venue i went to had the poster advertising ECCC. I've seen people come into the venue that i was at and speak to bowlers and their parents about trying out and they said that they would like their kids to try out if only for the experience...........so where were these people.

A few weeks ago and i sat and listened to a few people winge and complain about the fact that they were just hearing about East Coast now and why was there nothing at the venue that they bowl in. So i am guessing some people walk around with their eyes closed.

I have also heard people say that ECCC is beneath them as they have bowled President Shield.............when you have people having that sort of attitude and having people that think of them as idols listening to that sort of attitude then what hope do you have.

I have also seen first hand how there is no support for other teams, and i was disgusted at the way when the adults had finished they didn't want to stay and support the U21's so the U21's decided that they would give them the same treatment and the adults got really annoyed at having their treament thrown back at them which then caused conflick in the camps so to speak.

As far a i am concerned if you go away as part of a team be it adult or U21 your are all part of a bigger team and there for you should be there for all the games.............Having said that you also have the situation where if you have to rely on someone else to get you to and from the venues then sometimes you don't have a choice but to leave with your driver. i found it very hard as i have 1 daughter bowling for NSW and 1 bowling for Vic but i managed to sit at the venue from 8am till sometimes 8pm.

Lastly...........If money is an issue and how are people going to pay for uniforms and such with drafting ..................I will gladly donate money to the NSW U21's just so that my daughter Tiffani can bowl her last year in her own age group.

Sandi

Back
Top Bottom