east coast challenge?

A few years back, when the demise of the ATBC was evident, TQI seemed a viable alternative for bowlers (and centres)which resulted in a surge in their membership.Since the performances of TBAL have improved, the numbers are swinging the other way.

This may lead some newer bowlers to believe that TQI is the biggest and the best.

Since TBAL was created and has shown a slow but forward progression(despite criticism), there remains only a few centres nationally that have not affiliated with TBAL. I am sure that TBAL IS THE MAJOR administrative body for our sport in Australia.

Graham, there are still a lot of TQI leagues out there, their information is evident in a lot of centres, but their strength is questionable,I do not really know how strong though.

From what I understand, TQI was formed by a group of unhappy bowlers (possibly militant) as an alternative to the ATBC. You are however quite correct (in my view) in stating that TBAL has the prestige and better equipped national and state teams.
Maybe a tournament between the squads in the future?

Once again in my view, TQI has seen it's day,I firmly believe that it is time for all bowlers to unite between one flag. It is the logical outcome for the continued success of Tenpin Bowling in years to come.

Just my thoughts.
icon_biggrin.gif

Regards

John Wiffen

Graham, thanks for that. As a recent arrival in Qld, I was unaware of the 2 bowling bodies - in NT there is just TBA, so it is completely foreign to me a major tournament like ECCC is not advertised in all centres, rather just in those TQI ones.
My original post was not intended to cause WW3 between the members of this forum, just to ask about a tournament I hadn't heard about...if you don't ask you never find out anything, do you? It looks, however, that it may be preferable (and a lot easier to) stick with what I know best, the TBA run Walter Deveer/Rachuig formats.
To AYM, thanks for your input, it does sound like it is a great tournie, and if I get a minute, may even go to Cannon Hill to spectate.
Cheers
Broni
icon_confused.gif

I Wasn't refering to the prestige,
just the format. But yeah roll off's will
be ova soon. This Year its in Brisie at Cannon Hill. Dates are Oct. 1st to 4th with singles day 1 followed by doubles, triples teams. I'd personally go the final day cause if the points r tite, the bowling fires right up. Cheers, A.Y.M
icon_mad.gif

Graham thats right you don't know, if you have a look most centre's have more TQI leagues than they have TBA leagues.

The two centre's that I deal with one has No TBA leagues and the other has one, so I don't know were you get your info from.
icon_smile.gif

Ok .. what 2 centres are these ones ?

Sorry - Aspley also runs TQI leagues .. which ones am I missing ?

I'm sorry I don't know everything and there are a lot of people out there who don't know anything about these leagues, so .. how about trying to help people ?

Broni : in my opinion it is not as prestigious as Rachuig / Walter De Veer / Presidents Shield. I have never seen a Queensland ECCC team that I thought would be capable of beating the Queensland TBA teams, or another name for them - the "proper" Queensland teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Me Here:
Graham thats right you don't know, if you have a look most centre's have more TQI leagues than they have TBA leagues.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And i don't know where you get your information from .. more TQI leagues in Brisbane than TBA ? I'd like to see the figures on that but i'm going to say that you are so far wrong it's not funny.

A few years back, when the demise of the ATBC was evident, TQI seemed a viable alternative for bowlers (and centres)which resulted in a surge in their membership.Since the performances of TBAL have improved, the numbers are swinging the other way.

This may lead some newer bowlers to believe that TQI is the biggest and the best.

Since TBAL was created and has shown a slow but forward progression(despite criticism), there remains only a few centres nationally that have not affiliated with TBAL. I am sure that TBAL IS THE MAJOR administrative body for our sport in Australia.

Graham, there are still a lot of TQI leagues out there, their information is evident in a lot of centres, but their strength is questionable,I do not really know how strong though.

From what I understand, TQI was formed by a group of unhappy bowlers (possibly militant) as an alternative to the ATBC. You are however quite correct (in my view) in stating that TBAL has the prestige and better equipped national and state teams.
Maybe a tournament between the squads in the future?

Once again in my view, TQI has seen it's day,I firmly believe that it is time for all bowlers to unite between one flag. It is the logical outcome for the continued success of Tenpin Bowling in years to come.

Just my thoughts.
icon_biggrin.gif

Regards

John Wiffen

Graham, thanks for that. As a recent arrival in Qld, I was unaware of the 2 bowling bodies - in NT there is just TBA, so it is completely foreign to me a major tournament like ECCC is not advertised in all centres, rather just in those TQI ones.
My original post was not intended to cause WW3 between the members of this forum, just to ask about a tournament I hadn't heard about...if you don't ask you never find out anything, do you? It looks, however, that it may be preferable (and a lot easier to) stick with what I know best, the TBA run Walter Deveer/Rachuig formats.
To AYM, thanks for your input, it does sound like it is a great tournie, and if I get a minute, may even go to Cannon Hill to spectate.
Cheers
Broni
icon_confused.gif

Grey-ham old buddy, you telling fellow bowlers who earn the rite to represent Queensland for TQI or when it was called G.Q.L.L.A that it was all mickey mouse,that they wouldn't be good enough to be in the "real" QUEENSLAND team. Funny how times have changed.
Only this year has TBA/ or the Old ATBC has gone with first 7 past the post, where they have been doing this since when i started in 1984. You earnt your spot, it wasn't given to you. And maybe you should do some research on it and you'll find that some the top bowlers in this state and also in NSW and VIC have played in the East Coast Challange Cup.
Sorry fellas but to me representing your state/country is a great honour in whatever sport you play and shouldn't be disrespected.
HAMO
( ECCC 84jnrs,86-88yths)

Just to confuse the issue further, TQ bowlers are now able to enter TBA events without having to take out additional TBA membership. It may not highlight the fact on the State entry form but TQ bowlers are welcome to compete at Toowoomba.

Does this mean TBA bowlers can bowl in TQ leagues without taking out membership ? Or doesnt it work like that ?

and Tony : I wasnt saying that there werent individuals who have had dual representation, and that there were some bowlers who were good enough for both competitions. What I said was I was yet to see a team who could beat the TBA teams .. there is no I in team.

Grey-ham old buddy, you telling fellow bowlers who earn the rite to represent Queensland for TQI or when it was called G.Q.L.L.A that it was all mickey mouse,that they wouldn't be good enough to be in the "real" QUEENSLAND team. Funny how times have changed.
Only this year has TBA/ or the Old ATBC has gone with first 7 past the post, where they have been doing this since when i started in 1984. You earnt your spot, it wasn't given to you. And maybe you should do some research on it and you'll find that some the top bowlers in this state and also in NSW and VIC have played in the East Coast Challange Cup.
Sorry fellas but to me representing your state/country is a great honour in whatever sport you play and shouldn't be disrespected.
HAMO
( ECCC 84jnrs,86-88yths)

Just to confuse the issue further, TQ bowlers are now able to enter TBA events without having to take out additional TBA membership. It may not highlight the fact on the State entry form but TQ bowlers are welcome to compete at Toowoomba.

Does this mean TBA bowlers can bowl in TQ leagues without taking out membership ? Or doesnt it work like that ?

and Tony : I wasnt saying that there werent individuals who have had dual representation, and that there were some bowlers who were good enough for both competitions. What I said was I was yet to see a team who could beat the TBA teams .. there is no I in team.

Graham Sorry I have taken so long to repley to you I have been collecting my information. The center's that have TQI Leagues that you say are not there Are
Mt Gravatt only 1 TBA League
Richlands No TBA Leagues
Capalaba
Greenslopes
Redcliffe
Kedron
Cannon Hill
Aspley
Milton
Logan City
Browns Plains
Strathpine

Just wondering will we get coverage by Total Bowling as it is in QLD and in Brisbane and not to far from you.

So I still like to now where you got your info from

Thanks Shellie

Sorry Forgot
Tba Bowlers can Bowl in TQI tournaments and TQI bowlers can bowl in Tba Tournaments The bowler has to pay extra in Both to Bowl

Thanks Again Shellie

The Queensland State Championships are a TBA sanctioned tournament. TQ bowlers do not have to pay any extra to enter these championships. Although this event is sanctioned by the National body it is run by the State body. The same applies to the Qld State team trials (or roll-offs, call them what you will.) The State Adult Committee which is answerable to the Qld. board was asked to accept all TQ nominations. The issue of alternative associations to TBA may be cloudy Nationally, however the attitude of the Qld board is that TQ members are welcome to participate in State events.
Andrew Shinnie.

So does than mean for a fee I am allowed to bowl in the TQ masters when the championships are on in Brisbane???

If this correct, please post more info on the matter

George, I hope that is the case so you can turn up and bowl the Masters.

I do believe that you have to bowl an All Events to be eligible to qualify for the Masters. But besides that there is no reason why you or anybody else can't bowl.

Besides George, you should try and bowl. With your potential "no show" at the TBA Nationals you may as well bowl this Masters as it is in your own backyard.

You won't win it anyway. You might go close but you won't win. The winner will come from the NSW Mens Team. From what I've heard, Cannon Hill is a dungeon and there is no shot on the left. If there is a shot on the left then Andrew Lloyd is a special.

ECCC @ Cannon Hill in under 2 weeks. Bring it on.

Go NSW. Time to bring home the first piece of silverware for the year.NSW to take this Cup out in GSTBA before they then move on and take out Rachuig.

Greg Kotteakos

Greg

I'll be trying my upmost to bowl all events and bowl the masters. Tell Weber and your friends to bring your wallet, I don't bowl for free especially against some easy beat NSW bowlers. Money talks, bull$%&amp;* walks!!!!

Whilst I won't be bowling Rachuig I have a free ticket for the Australian Masters which I'll be bowling in. I heard Bankstown is pretty tight on the left but I'll do my best :D

As for Cannonhill, it's like a box of choclates, you just never know what your gonna get.......... Lane conditions don't matter, just put your money up and bowl and may the force be with you!

George

Back
Top Bottom