Earl Anthony Dead at 63 ..........A very sad day for bowling

wchester

Bowling Tragic
PBA Great Earl Anthony Dead at 63
August 14, 2001, 6:57 PM UPDATED

On Tuesday, August 14 the bowling world received the news of the sudden loss of the most prolific Professional Bowlers Association champion in the history of the sport. Sources have verified that 41-time National Tour titleist and PBA Legend, Earl Anthony, died while visiting a friend in Wisconsin.

Very sad news indeed.
No doubt was one of the greatest bowlers ever.
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

Bowling has lost its greatest ever exponent, and a gentleman as well.

Earl Anthony
1938-2001

I seriously doubt that there will ever be
another bowler that could do the things that he could do.

Thank you for your friendship.

Thank you for your teachings.

Thank you for the memories.

Heaven will now be a better place.

Rest In Peace, Earl.

God Bless

yes it has been a sad day in bowling . the World had lost one of its greatest of all time .

R.I.P my freind

scott andrews

It is a sad day. He was a big reason why I watched the tour on tele as a kid. I had the luxury of spending time with him, and I still remember what he told me, 'this is a game of gentlemen, treat the game with the respect that you want it to treat you.' I think that is sound advice to live by.

a very sad period for sure.

i was fortunate enough to see earl at a seminar, and was just in awe of the stories he told in relation to his life on the tour.

he once related to the pba, and running everything on ratios, meaning, if there was 10% of the players that were lefties....

they would win 10% of the tournaments
make 10% of the money
make 10% of the cut
etc etc over a season

earl defied the conditions, whether they put a mop covered with lane oil in patches over the backend, drenched it or made it dry, earl succeeded, better than anyone, by no means, was he given them 41 titles on a platter, it was quite the opposite due to having to defeat the ratios.

so when it comes to respect of how good a player he was, he was and will be always considered to be the best for many years to come.

R.I.P earl anthony

Back
Top Bottom