Dragons sign up new coach for 2009

Fitzy

Underpaid
Relating to the 'Manly for woodenspoon thread' I'd hate to say it but the Dragons (The team I have supported for my lifetime) might put in a considerable challenge for the wooden spoon.

Now that Benny will be coach I wonder if this will help or hinder our cause for next year?? Most teams KNOW how Bennett coaches and plays the team, so, he is a fairly easy read (from a coaching point of view).

Being that the Broncos are considerably better on the field than the Dragons (week in week out - I know the Dragons usually step up and beat the Bronco's when they play), will the 'read' of Bennett and the consistant penalties/errors that plague the Dragons spell the Wooden spoon in the near future??

You are kidding fitzy, for once i believe that the Dragons board has finally made the right decision for the club and has appointed the best coach in the world to the position of Head coach for the st.george\illawarra dragons.

Not only is Bennett a master tactician, great at the mind games and able to annoy the press but the most important thing he is and this is the best trait any coach can have is he is a master motivator and knows how to get the best out of the talent he has especially young players just coming on the scene.

He has now got access to one of the best nurserys in the land in the illawarra region and i can only see the team going from strength to strength and the pickup this decision will have for the players this year will be enormous because the players now will have the double incentive of performing in order to be around next year when the new coach arrives as well as hoping to send there mate brownie out a winner.

I think this is a win-win situation for the present and the future and i congratulate the board on a smart football decision.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Back
Top Bottom