DARRELL HOLT ROLL OFF 2008

• Thread starter DARRELLHOLTVICTORIA
  • Start date
D

DARRELLHOLTVICTORIA

Darrell Holt Victoria would like to invite all Eligible Bowls to take part in this year 2008 Roll Off, being held at AMF Forest Hill.
This Year we have 2 divisions a Restricted Division which is sponsored by Total Bowling and Classic Division sponsored by Bowling Ball Australia.

For more in formation please so do not hesitate to email [email protected] or go to www.holtchallenge.org.au.
And www.holtchallenge.org.au.

Yours in Bowling

Jeanette Kent
President of Victoria Holt

Attachments

• 2008 Darrell Holt Zone RollOff Entry Form 2008.doc
    158 KB · Views: 118
With just over 3 weeks to go before the roll offs, I thought I would bring this thread up the pecking order :p

Keep those entries coming in if you are looking for a fun tournament and a chance to be in a team and bowl against bowlers from around the country.

Roll offs on 5th and 6th of April at Forest Hill. See above post for entry forms or you should be able to pick one up from your bowling centre.

I can tell you how happy I was when I learnt that the very first entry received was from none other than Chris Holt - how appropriate.

Look forward to seeing a lot of old and new faces.

Liz Fabian-Czmok

TO ALL BOWLERS​
Keep those entry forms coming for the best comp going
::bounce8::bounce8::

Jeanette Kent

TO ALL BOWLERS

With only a week to go before the roll off keep those entries coming in and to all that have put them in look forward to see and meeting you all

Jeanette Kent

:woot_jump::groupwave2::woot_jump::groupwave2:

It's great to see the entries keep coming in.

It should make for some great bowling next weekend........

Liz

Can't wait till next weekend to catch up with everyone and to have some fun.

Please include the LEGEND and Kerry in the restricted and Brenden in the Classic.

See ya on the weekend.......

Please include Jeff Ennis, Nick Nicolaides and Noelene Davies in restricted. Nick will also try out for Classic.
See everyone next weekend, should be lots of fun!
Noelene
:Vette::smilie_gruenweiss:

It's great to see the country bowlers having a go also.

Hopefully a few more will put their entries in this week from the country centres. It will be a great turnout.

Liz

If anyone is reading this thread and are undecided as to whether to try out or not - JUST DO IT!!!

Last year's tryouts were my first experience at an event such as this and it was a great personal challenge. I met a lot of new people many who have become friends and the whole experience was amazing from both a personal and bowling perspective.

See you there,
Bri

ok so I was thinking I might roll off but not sure what the zoning rules are. I'm from albury and our association is in the VCTBA so does that make me eligible or do you have to be closer to Melbourne?

It doesn't matter how close you are to Melbourne - it would be great to see more "country Victorians" at the trials.

I just had a quick look at http://www.holtchallenge.org.au/ and while I can't see anything with rules re the zones, they are pretty self explanatory.....

ACT / NSW / NT / QLD NTH / QLD STH / SA / TAS / VIC / WA

If you would like further clarification beyond this, why don't you give Jeanette a call....

You'll find her contact numbers on the holtchallenge website.

Cheers,
Bri

ok so I was thinking I might roll off but not sure what the zoning rules are. I'm from albury and our association is in the VCTBA so does that make me eligible or do you have to be closer to Melbourne?

People can correct me if I am wrong but Albury falls under Victoria for all State tournaments for Zoning, Albury bowlers can only bowl for Vic state teams. Wouldn't this apply for this tourny as well.

Gunther Czmok;)

Well it's pretty bad when I have to talk to my other half via Totalbowling :p

Firstly in Holt we have Zones and not States. Albury in this instance falls in the Vic zone and that is why I personally mailed entry forms to Albury.

I realise that this is not stated on the entry form as we have one set of rules for all the zones so we all use the same entry form. I will however bring this to the committee's attention as maybe it needs to be clarified more clearly.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask or pm me.

Liz

In bowling geography terms, Albury is regarding as being in Victoria.

Ashley, your entry to trial for the Victorian zone will be accepted.

Thanks Peter.

Reliable as ever. :)

Hopefully this means you will be submitting your entry Ashley.

Liz

Zoning problems is a common occurance when people live just outside border lines...

Albury is NSW, but is under Victenpins.
Queanbeyan is NSW, but is under ACTTBA.
Tweed Heads is NSW, but is under QLDs TBA?

I wonder what would happen if someone decided to try both, not at the same time, but for example 1 year in ACT, the next in NSW?

Is there a possiblity of getting this list posted on here?:confused:

ugh....
not sure.. i was just wondering if there was a list.. just interested in who is gunna roll off!... im still deciding on it.. struggling to get my way there each day!.. have nowhere to stay... and the train will be 2 late on sunday.... meh.. ill work it out.!.