Cover-stock Preparation

I'M a bit curious about How to rejuvenate a cover stock
I bowl an Epx which i now know requires a lot of maintenance
The ball has lost its reaction.
I have bathed it in hot water a few time bit I feel it needs something more
I have been told to clean it with Isopropyl Alcohol
Is this recommended??
And where do I get it (i think I have seen it at Bunnings!!)
Also Ive heard of rubbing the ball with scotchbrite pads
Also is this recommended and what one is recommended (different colors different grits)
Anyone like to elaborate
Thanks

Isopropyl Alcohol - it is at nearly all supermarkets in a green plastic bottle with a crocodile on it. Look in the deodorant isle - that brand can be used as an aftershave
AND NO (I believe) not all aftershaves can be used.

Isopropyl Alcohol - it is at nearly all supermarkets in a green plastic bottle with a crocodile on it. Look in the deodorant isle - that brand can be used as an aftershave
AND NO (I believe) not all aftershaves can be used.

Covered this many times - Isocol has lanolin in it these days - lanolin is an oil... so using Isocol is a waste of time...

Do the newer bowling balls (compared to 10 years ago) have a higher chance of splitting when heated? Just a thought.

Once upon a time I knew some experimental bowlers (I might have done it too......) who would put their gear in dishwashers, on a lower temp setting so it wasn't boiling hot and without any washing liquid just pure water, heat and steam doing the work.

Anyone else used this method?

I never had any issues with my equipment but I did here of a couple developing cracks. My guess was they were put through at too high of temps as some dishwashers don't have many temperature options.

older coverstocks are/were generally thicker, so on that basis you would think they would be less prone to cracking. However years of use would have to do something to coverstock and the sublayers, damage due to impact here might not be able to be noticed with the naked eye, there is no telling what sort of impact heat would have on this surface.

dishwasher does work, however do not put it on the dry cycle.

I havent seen a ball crack due to heat, ive seen one melt, blister and bubble, the cracks i have seen have been due to extreme cold.

Back
Top Bottom