Country Cup 2009

That doesn't sound quite right to me....can you show that written rule to me ?

Hey Wayne, this a copy from and old set of Country Cup rules, I don't think it has changed for a while

3. TEAM PLAYERS & OFFICIALS

(a) Each team player must be a registered member, in good standing, of the local association or registered bowling centre they are representing. They will represent the first centre/country association they are registered with, as long as they bowl a league in that centre, and do not reside within a 60 kilometre radius of the Melbourne area. Team players must be a resident of the association/centre they are representing for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament.

I have been out of bowling for a while so I hope I haven't given you the wrong info.

Regards
Graham Smith

PS: I hope this clears up your enquiry???? or are you in one of your **** stirring moods again???????

Thank you Graham.....Rules can sometimes be up for interpretation and this one seems to be another one that can mean different things to different people. The way I read it, a bowler doesn't necessarily have to belong to the local association if they bowl league in the centre they are representing.

Do you suppose the league itself has to have its full membership registered with the TBA?

The pot doesn't need stirring from me..it's already simmering.

BTW....It was a pleasure taking to you at Kings Bowl in Millbrae, California way back when....

Your membership must be with that centre..

There was an incident last year due to a country member representing their state and had to register before league started etc at their home centre, the person was made to sign up at the state thing in the city...

Thankfully common sense prevailed on this occasion and they were allowed to bowl.

But if you think the rules aren't adhered to then you are mistaken.

Thank you Graham.....

BTW....It was a pleasure taking to you at Kings Bowl in Millbrae, California way back when....

Wayne, I think you have me mixed up with someone else I have never been out of Aust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Cheers for now

For someone who has never bowled Country Cup, I sure have a lot to say...
:)

And for the life of me, I don't know why.

Just for your records Wayne, here is the revised version of the rule Graham refered to

(a) Each team player must be a registered member, in good standing, of the local association or registered bowling centre they are representing. They will represent the first centre/country association they are registered with, as long as they bowl a league in that centre, and do not reside within a 60 kilometre radius of the Melbourne area. Team players must be a resident of the association/centre they are representing for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament.
(b) Each official or non playing member must hold a current TBA registration card and be in good standing.

Rob

PS...Dave, what positition is Farqy going to put you at? Just so I can prepare;)

Thank you Graham.....Rules can sometimes be up for interpretation and this one seems to be another one that can mean different things to different people. The way I read it, a bowler doesn't necessarily have to belong to the local association if they bowl league in the centre they are representing.

Do you suppose the league itself has to have its full membership registered with the TBA?

Just for your records Wayne, here is the revised version of the rule Graham refered to

(b) Each official or non playing member must hold a current TBA registration card and be in good standing.

Rob
Wayne in further addition to the information that Rob has provided you can be a memebr of every country association that is involved in CCup but you would only be eligible to represent the association that you first registered at (or payed your TBA portion of the membership) You only need to pay the TBA portion once (A good thing since the average bowler recieves such a benefit from it)

ie if I was bowling in a league at say Shepp and Bendigo and lived in Bendigo and was a member of both associations but payed my registration (and TBA portion) at Shepp before Bendigo then I would be eligible to bowl CCup for Shepp but not Bendigo as that is where I was first registered. That is my understanding of the rule and I know that Rob has a different view on this as far as residency ;)

Also if I live in Ballarat but bowl in a league at both Ballarat and Werribee and payed my registration at Weribee (and TBA Portion) before I did at Ballarat even though I live outside the 60km radius I would not be able to represent Ballarat as the first centre that I was registered was weribee although you could argue that the first country association that you registered at is Ballarat.

Problem with the rule is that each person has a different interpretation of the rule. You will also find that alot of Country Associations also have additional criteria to be eligible for CCup representation ie have to bowl in local champs, bowl certain tournaments etc

Hazy enough explaination for you ;)

Maybe the team Barmaid?

Hey I'm cool with that.
One thing for sure, I would be getting better value for my dollar than you will! :p
Barmaid's tend to make friends a little easier than most, and being a shy wallflower type, I need all the help I can get.

Didnt Farqy refer to Dave as Pine Pony when he was in Mildura a couple weeks ago? :confused:

Pine Pony it is.
We won't mention the name he referred to you as last weekend, Trav.
Lets just say you can be the pot, and don't talk to the kettle like that.
Part of it related to a bowling lane though.

When do the games start anyway?

Rob,
It looks like my position in the team is up for discussion, apparently I'm not even guaranteed a game in practice! ;)
So its your choice, meet in the usual location or go next door for a beer or 17.
Either way, should be fun.

And for the life of me, I don't know why.

Rob
QUOTE]

There is no reference as to whether the league has to be a sanctioned league so I guess bowling a sanctioned league is not a requirement.

Hey I'm cool with that.
One thing for sure, I would be getting better value for my dollar than you will! :p
Barmaid's tend to make friends a little easier than most, and being a shy wallflower type, I need all the help I can get.

Pine Pony it is.
We won't mention the name he referred to you as last weekend, Trav.
Lets just say you can be the pot, and don't talk to the kettle like that.
Part of it related to a bowling lane though.

When do the games start anyway?

Rob,
It looks like my position in the team is up for discussion, apparently I'm not even guaranteed a game in practice! ;)
So its your choice, meet in the usual location or go next door for a beer or 17.
Either way, should be fun.

pot-kettle.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom