Committee of Management July 2002 Newsletter

P

Pedro

Victorian State Interim Committee of Management

Newsletter July 2002

2002 TBA Junior Nationals – congratulations to all Victorian juniors that travelled to AMF Bankstown and Enfield for this year’s event. The Intercentre Challenge was a resounding success and, once again, well supported by Victorian centres. Results (placegetters only) from this year’s Junior Nationals will be placed on the TBA Website (www.tenpin.org.au) shortly. Full result books will also be available from the TBA National Office shortly thereafter.

2002 President Shield Team – congratulations to our boys and girls who represented as admirably at the recent TBA Junior Nationals and President Shield Tournament. We placed 4th in boys, girls and overall. A special mention and congratulations to Carly Allen and Michael Zentveld. Carly made the All Stars with a 205 average and 14 wins from 18 games. Carly also won the TBA Directors Award. Michael came 4th in the Boys Masters.

2003 TBA Junior Nationals – AMF Forest Hill has been announced as the venue for next year’s event. Backup centre will be AMF Box Hill.

2003 TBA Adult Nationals – Townsville has been announced as the venue for next year’s event.

Victorian East Coast Challenge Teams – Congrats to those that made the 2002 teams and please accept our best wishes for your trip and tournament in Queensland.

CTBAM City Championships – AMF Sunshine play host to the 2002 event. Entry forms are in your centre now. This year the adult and junior championships are combined into one event and bowled over three weekends 10th,11th, 17th, 18th & 24th August 2002.

Victorian Tenpin Bowling Committee of Management – over the past 6 months the Committee of Management have been formulating a new state structure in line with recommendations from TBAL. We have created a new constitution, which we plan to implement shortly. This will culminate with our inaugural AGM towards the end of this year. You, the bowlers, then get a chance to have your say so keep an eye out for nomination forms.

17th Asian Tenpin Bowling Championships – the Australian team travelled to Hong Kong late last month to contest this event. Three Victorian men (Paul Trotter, Anthony Flynn & Mac Stewart) formed part of the 6 person men’s team for this event and performed well on the varying conditions laid down for this tournament. In total we came home with three bronze medals from Women’s Singles (Cathy Elwell), Men’s Teams and Women’s Masters (Katie Wilton).

6th WTBA World Youth Tenpin Bowling Championships – on behalf of the State Committee I would like to extend my best wishes to Cameron Jenkins and Nat Shelley who will travel to Pattaya, Thailand to join the rest of the Australian Youth team for this year’s event. The team fly out on the 31st July for a coaching camp prior to the commencement of this event. The Championships commence with the Opening Ceremony on the 4th August 2002. I’m yet to find a web page for this tournament, however, once I do I’ll pass on the link.

6th Asian Schools Tenpin Bowling Championships – next year’s event will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia. The venue for the 2003 Australian Team Roll Off is yet to be decided.

Under 23 Melbourne Cup – The 1st Under 23 Melbourne Tenpin Cup will be held at Ed Fleming Lanes September 14 & 15 2002. The format is 12 games of qualifying on Saturday 14 September. The cut will be to 12 for 12 games of matchplay (including a positional round). There will be a second cut and this will be based on the remaining bowlers being re-graded with handicap and the top 8 cutting for 8 games of matchplay (including a positional round). Pinfall will carry over for each cut. At the end of the matchplay the winner of the Under 23 Melbourne Tenpin Cup will be decided. First prize is $1500.00 and payout is better than 1 in 2. This is a TBA Youth Ranked Event. Entry forms will be available shortly.

Victorian State Interim Committee of Management

Newsletter July 2002

2002 TBA Junior Nationals – congratulations to all Victorian juniors that travelled to AMF Bankstown and Enfield for this year’s event. The Intercentre Challenge was a resounding success and, once again, well supported by Victorian centres. Results (placegetters only) from this year’s Junior Nationals will be placed on the TBA Website (www.tenpin.org.au) shortly. Full result books will also be available from the TBA National Office shortly thereafter.

2002 President Shield Team – congratulations to our boys and girls who represented as admirably at the recent TBA Junior Nationals and President Shield Tournament. We placed 4th in boys, girls and overall. A special mention and congratulations to Carly Allen and Michael Zentveld. Carly made the All Stars with a 205 average and 14 wins from 18 games. Carly also won the TBA Directors Award. Michael came 4th in the Boys Masters.

2003 TBA Junior Nationals – AMF Forest Hill has been announced as the venue for next year’s event. Backup centre will be AMF Box Hill.

2003 TBA Adult Nationals – Townsville has been announced as the venue for next year’s event.

Victorian East Coast Challenge Teams – Congrats to those that made the 2002 teams and please accept our best wishes for your trip and tournament in Queensland.

CTBAM City Championships – AMF Sunshine play host to the 2002 event. Entry forms are in your centre now. This year the adult and junior championships are combined into one event and bowled over three weekends 10th,11th, 17th, 18th & 24th August 2002.

Victorian Tenpin Bowling Committee of Management – over the past 6 months the Committee of Management have been formulating a new state structure in line with recommendations from TBAL. We have created a new constitution, which we plan to implement shortly. This will culminate with our inaugural AGM towards the end of this year. You, the bowlers, then get a chance to have your say so keep an eye out for nomination forms.

17th Asian Tenpin Bowling Championships – the Australian team travelled to Hong Kong late last month to contest this event. Three Victorian men (Paul Trotter, Anthony Flynn & Mac Stewart) formed part of the 6 person men’s team for this event and performed well on the varying conditions laid down for this tournament. In total we came home with three bronze medals from Women’s Singles (Cathy Elwell), Men’s Teams and Women’s Masters (Katie Wilton).

6th WTBA World Youth Tenpin Bowling Championships – on behalf of the State Committee I would like to extend my best wishes to Cameron Jenkins and Nat Shelley who will travel to Pattaya, Thailand to join the rest of the Australian Youth team for this year’s event. The team fly out on the 31st July for a coaching camp prior to the commencement of this event. The Championships commence with the Opening Ceremony on the 4th August 2002. I’m yet to find a web page for this tournament, however, once I do I’ll pass on the link.

6th Asian Schools Tenpin Bowling Championships – next year’s event will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia. The venue for the 2003 Australian Team Roll Off is yet to be decided.

Under 23 Melbourne Cup – The 1st Under 23 Melbourne Tenpin Cup will be held at Ed Fleming Lanes September 14 & 15 2002. The format is 12 games of qualifying on Saturday 14 September. The cut will be to 12 for 12 games of matchplay (including a positional round). There will be a second cut and this will be based on the remaining bowlers being re-graded with handicap and the top 8 cutting for 8 games of matchplay (including a positional round). Pinfall will carry over for each cut. At the end of the matchplay the winner of the Under 23 Melbourne Tenpin Cup will be decided. First prize is $1500.00 and payout is better than 1 in 2. This is a TBA Youth Ranked Event. Entry forms will be available shortly.

Back
Top Bottom