Coaching ?

T

timboyd

hey everyone im new to this site so be nice!! haha

i've been bowling for about 5 years now im 18 years of age and i love helping others get into the sport of tenpin bowling and i'd like to maybe become a coach ? altho i was told if i want to concentrate on my own bowling to not become a coach ?

just wondering what other peoples thoughts are at all ?

Thanks in advance

Well really its up to you if u wanna become a coach or not. Personally if i wanted to help other bowlers become better than they already are then i would become a coach,you can still concentrate on your own bowling and become a coach,all you have to do is make time for other ppl as well
Good luck on your decision

That's rubbish. U do whateva u want. It's your life. Hey, I want to become a coach as well as become a pro bowler. I'm going to do the coaching courses. So it's you choice, mate. :p

Timboyd, it won't hurt to become a coach, in fact it will help your own bowling as you get to see the important elements, to focus on, and why they are important.
willey.

coaching

Hey Timboyd Congratulations on your choice. Go for it. If you can help someone else learn to love the sport and improve everyone will benifit. Both you and yourstudents. I wish you all the best. :wink: :D :D :wink: :D :D

I have been involved in coaching footy and cricket and done the accreditations et cetera and, from a selfish viewpoint, gaining the training and technical expertise is not only very interesting and enjoyable, but your game should also improve as well. Go for it.

I agree with soapy, I have dabbled in coaching (I'm yet to get accredited) and have been studying bowling for about 4 years or so, from a coaching aspect, and the gain of technical knowledge you get is invauable to your own game, while without the use of video it's almost impossible to coach yourself, leaning coaching techniques (practice drills, etc) really do help your game, since I've started helping others with my game, my average has improved, as well as those I was helping, I have decided though to scale down as I am going to have a heavy tournament schedule next year and want to devote all my energy to that, but that doesn't mean you can't coach and bowl yourself.

If you want to go for it, by all means do. It's rare to see people (especially at 18.) be that interested in helping others and seeing our sport grow and improve. good on you!

make sure you let us know how you go, what decisions you make, etc.

best of luck to you.

coaching in a way can help your own game because u obviously know more about the game.so you do wateva the hell you like cause coaching can only help your game!! :p 8)

Back
Top Bottom