Cleaning bowling balls

AH1992

...xD...
I've heard of some pretty wild methods of cleaning balls before haha like putting it in the oven, wow that was a no-goer lol.
Think i'll stick to my bowling ball cleaner and hand towel :)
But anyways, Just out of curiosity, what methods do people use for cleaning their bowling balls?

fill your bath tup up with pure hot water and sit your bowls in it water completely coving the balls for 15-25mins and that get the oil out of them i do it every few weeks when my gear needs doing its the most effective way i found so far.

i no its ball i noticed that right after lol oh well and who sed to use any harsh products just drop them in pure hot water with some hand washing liquored or what ever and that makes your bowl as clean and oil free can be but dont do it every day.

lol i no someone who did that cuz he never cleans them in anyways then im pritty sure he gave up anyways a few weeks later lol.

Thanks George

Read your deep clean method - will try it. Tell me, at the risk of sounding silly, do you need to cover the finger holes?

Angy

yeah Geoff kinda glad he didnt say that come to think of it...

thats a whole different thread altogether.

As for me I like to let the pro shop do it, that way if they mess it up they fix it up and, for the price of a new ball it's just not worth the risk. I used to leave my balls in the shed in back of the house for several hours to bake out. I would check it about every hour and wipe the oil off, when it was done cooking I would wipe it down with acetone. I quit doing this when I seen what happened to a ball left in a vehicle to long. Now I just wipe it down with acetone or alcohol after each session and let the pro shop rejuvenate it. good luck and good bowling
Bill

It cracks, a friend of mine at work kept his ball in the car all the time and when he threw his first ball it was all over. This goes for winter and sumer,or at least up here. I don't know what kind of winter weather you have down there. But the main point is that any extreme change in temp. can do damage to the ball. And I can truly understand how people want to save money and rejuvenate their own balls 'cause I used to also. But after starting lessons and getting to know the prow shop staff I got a chance to see first hand some of the mishaps that people had. Thats all it took for me. Good luck and good bowling
Bill

Thanks George

Read your deep clean method - will try it. Tell me, at the risk of sounding silly, do you need to cover the finger holes?

Angy

Nope, but just make sure you do it the day before league because it will make it very hard to bowl with a damp thumb hole.

It cracks, a friend of mine at work kept his ball in the car all the time and when he threw his first ball it was all over. This goes for winter and sumer,or at least up here. I don't know what kind of winter weather you have down there. But the main point is that any extreme change in temp. can do damage to the ball. And I can truly understand how people want to save money and rejuvenate their own balls 'cause I used to also. But after starting lessons and getting to know the prow shop staff I got a chance to see first hand some of the mishaps that people had. Thats all it took for me. Good luck and good bowling
Bill

cool i leave my striaght spare ball in the car its like 50+ years old rubber ball i just might have to start bringing it inside lol.

Back
Top Bottom