clean bowled for 444

craig

i recieved an email from a friend telling me he had just been banned from this site, due to a private message of support to a fellow member

now this message is classified as a private message, how private is it???

i know on the forum there must be some form of sensorship, but surely this has over stepped the mark?

as a long standing member of this forum and a regular supporter of this site, i find this a little disturbing, can i have some light shed on this issue?

details of content are irrelevant, just the moral issue of privacy is mainly what i am concerned about?

Craig, I wish someone would tell me what is going on?

Your friend decided to post some wild story on here last night about his "privacy being invaded", but refuses to discuss details with me via email. I dont give my details out to all and sundry and refuse to discuss this site in my private time - especially going into a long weekend when all I want to do is relax.

As he refuses to discuss details with me via email, instead telling me that im hiding, then I cant investigate what his problem is. If someone - anyone - wants to email me and let me know what Seans problem is in a civil matter, then I am only more than happy to help.

To be honest, if he thinks he has been banned for a private message, then I think he is a little paranoid. His membership has been suspended as he posted some pretty serious accusations against this website, without providing any details. And to be honest, im really sick of all the legal threats and bullshit ive had to put up with from idiots in the past 2 months. So he has been suspended from making any further posts until we can sort out whatever issues he might have.

I, in fact all of the moderators here, take issues of privacy very seriously.

Nearly 3,000 members for 4 moderators to watch over is a big ask Graham. We have 9 moderators at The Footy Show forum looking after nearly 5,000 forummers. Sometimes that doesn't seem enough, especially when the footy season starts.

Please understand, not for a second am I trying to tell you how to do your job. Your efforts have been stellar to say the least. I'm merely passing on my own experiences in running a large forum. And before anyone suggests it, NO, I don't wish to become a moderator on TotalBowling.

Back
Top Bottom