Chadstone closes its doors for the last time on Sunday

jockey

Seems like different times we live in now. Chadstone will close its doors on Sunday with little fanfare or thank you to its bowlers. Seems they will operate on the day business as usual. Obviously just stayed open until the end of the school holidays. I wish all current and former Chadstone bowlers well at their next bowling venue.

Chadstone opened in early '64 under the old Myer building with the new center opening in late 98 early 99. After fifty years bowling no longer will have a presence at the Southern Hemisphere's biggest shopping complex.

Yeah Terry have a lot of good memories in the old Chaddy .Had my first crack at 300 and bowled a 297 with a pink hammer ave 220 and ran 2nd to Rod East in a MTBOV event.

Are yes Ralph the good old days of the VGBO / MTBOV. Remember old Chadstone well. Bowled in the qualifying for an MTBOV event there on Grand Final day 1990 then headed to the grand final storing our bowling gear (with Dad) in lockers at Richmond station. Glorious premiership day for the pies. Also had other memories of turning up to bowl a squad in MTBA championships only to find out I missed it as I had the times wrong. Sadly now today we can say Chadstone bowling is gone. RIP (1964 - 2014).

Back
Top Bottom