Cat 4 Cyclone at NQ

Yeah i surely have.. I live in Cairns and were getting blown away n this is just the start.. worse is comming.. Apparntly ment to be hitting abit South of Innisfail with winds up to 280km... so everyone please stay safe out ther

Hope everyone comes through it ok,

We saw only a small portion of it on Sunrise this morning and it definately looks very scary :shock:

Stay safe, our thoughts are with you all

To Larri,

Keep safe honey!!! and too everyone else I know up there take care!!

See yas all at shield!!

Love always Jodes.!!!

Somethign that aus dosent need.. i heard there was another one coming also . not good but keep safe and get ur kite out

Well... Ok it crossed at about 7 this morning at Innisfail which is about 1 hours drive away from Cairns where I am now... And at the time it was a Cat 5... Apparently they had 300km/h winds there... Cairns only coped 200km/h and its not that bad here at the moment... Pretty much most of NQ has lost power I lost mine at 4.30 this morning and still nothin now... Lol phonelines are still up... Otherwise I wouldnt be on here now... Havent heard anything much only got the radio to listen to so nothin to serious as of yet and hopefully not! At the moment is going over the Tablelands and is still cat 4... Just waiting for another update! http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
Stay safe everyone... And should find out more when I get power back... Cya!

The Warning between Townsville and Cape Flattery has been cancelled, but areas around Inisfail have been declared a disaster area. No power has been lost in Townsville and still relativly strong winds and heavy rain.
Keep Safe, Jordan

Just when you think its all over.. its stars to get worse again.. another cyclone following in larry's steps is cyclone Wati hes category 2 at the momment and looks to be getting stronger...

Take care everyone

Hey everybody

boy are we glad today is over. Hope everyone affected by Larry up in Innisfail and Cairns is ok, geez its scary when you think about how close it is...
As usual, we in Townsville missed out alltogether only got a tiny fraction of what you guys up there had to deal with, so i hope everyone is safe and that all you bowlers still have lanes to go to.
Bureau of Meteorology says Wati will be category 3 by tomorrow morning in the Coral Sea near Innisfail - seriously bad news if it decides to hit the same area of coastline.

It's looking like a rough week ahead guys - everybody stay safe.
An uncertain week

i'm sory to hear what happened in north queensland with the cyclone, to all of those affected by it, my heart goes out to you all

Things may get worse for the coast with TC, Wati 1,400 km East of Cairns. Same place Larry was on Saturday Night.

Jordo said:
Things may get worse for the coast with TC, Wati 1,400 km East of Cairns. Same place Larry was on Saturday Night.
Lol... Not again... But on the map looks like its going straight for Innisfail again... I'am still without power in my house... They rekon could be out for a few days... They can't find the problem... And its hell hot! Anyone got news from Innisfail on the news or something?

As far as what the news said there are flood warnings for coastal rivers Im not sure where that is for, but reports said somthing like 1 in 4 houses lost roofs and that the army from Townsville has been sent up to try and help.

All the best to my good mate barnsy fighting it out in cairns. Does anyone know if anything happened to the university?

We just had an update on the news tonight..

It was so heart wretching to see how much damage could happen in such a short amount of time. Glad to hear everyone came through it safe and sound.

Good luck in the days, weeks & months to come our thoughts are with you all

Back
Top Bottom