300 Games by NQ Bowlers

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
For the last couple of years I have been trying to compile a complete list of 300 games bowled by NQ bowlers (both home and abroad), I thought I had most of them having gone back through old TBA and NQ records. However there has been some more recent ones that have not been reported on Total Bowling etc and as a results have been missed.

It for this reason that I encourage as many people to look at the attached spreadsheet and if you, or someone that you know has bowled a sanctioned 300 that is not listed please send me the details (Month, Year, Bowlers Name & Centre Bowled) and I will update my records. If someone can also have a look at the honour boards/lane records at each NQ centre and see if any have been missed that would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve Hunt

Attachments

• NQ 300 Games.xls
    842 KB · Views: 89
Mate I definitely bowled one at Currajong during on of the Suncity Opens, i can remember the year but it was on 13 and 14

That was 2004, you did it on lane 13&14 during qualifying. But by that stage you were no longer a NQ bowler as you were residing in Brisbane.

So even though you have bowled around 38, you only have one that counts :)

Steve, Your attached spread sheet also shows 800 series as well, if so you might want to add Jarrod to the list we have discovered that to be elligible for that award now it has to be in three consecutive games. To my suprise he pointed out to me that games 8/9/10 in the matchplay at the Cairns Open 280-268-256 totalled 804

Steve, Your attached spread sheet also shows 800 series as well, if so you might want to add Jarrod to the list we have discovered that to be elligible for that award now it has to be in three consecutive games. To my suprise he pointed out to me that games 8/9/10 in the matchplay at the Cairns Open 280-268-256 totalled 804

I think 800's series only count when it is only a 3 game series not 10 game series

True enough I thought so too, so I rang the TBA office and well I was told that it only has to be three consecutive games but well it does not hurt to ask

I have been innundated with responses to my original post............NOT!!!

Enclosed is the updated spreadsheet with a few more that were bowled in Cairns this year.

But unless you are George and have 46000000 300's to your name :D I'm pretty sure a 300 game is a pretty memorable thing that you would be keen to have recorded. I know my list is missing some, and am keen to have a comprehensive list of every 300 game bowled by NQ bowlers.

So if you have or know of someone who has bowled one or more sanctioned 300 games that is not on this list can you respond to me with the persons name, month and year, and centre that it was bowled in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• NQ 300 Games.xls
    822.5 KB · Views: 23
Please find the updated list of 300 games bowled by NQ bowlers current as of today.

If you look at the list and you, or someone that you know has bowled a sanctioned 300 that is not listed please send me the details (Month, Year, Bowlers Name & Centre Bowled) and I will update my records.

If someone can also have a look at the honour boards/lane records at each NQ centre and see if any have been missed that would also be greatly appreciated.

You can contact me via a post here, PM or email to [email protected]

Cheers

Steve

PS Go Queensland!!! (and also good luck to the awesome guys and girls in the Tassie team)

Attachments

• NQ 300 Games.xls
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
No disrespect to the bowlers in the last 15yrs, however it's extremely disappointing to see the proliferation of 300 games nowdays.
last 5yrs .....70, 300s
5yrs before ... .42
5yrs further .... 19
5 yrs more ..... 10
5yrs again......... 3

Certainly has diluted the merit of bowling a 300, and all due to the ball Companies wanting big profits.
Very sad imho.

HI Steve

So from Cairns we have

Brian Thomas August 2012
Craig Hembrow December 2012
Craig Whitby March 2013
Bradley Carr April 2013 (accreditation form sent to TBA)

Stormie

Nothing to do with bowling balls mate, lane conditions are the biggest ruination of the sport. Centre owner$ want happy bowler$ and $mile$. Can't blame them really, but that becomes a bi-product of progress.

Back
Top Bottom