Car stereo's

tonx

Going uleh style with my s-pack :p .... Want some opinions on what the better car stereos are, and what brands to steer clear of.

I've had xplode before, and that was a great system, and I can pick up a full system inc amb, sub, and 6 speakers for a good price, but I have the option to spend a little more and go pioneer or tarantula. I also hear good things about VDO.....

Any opinions?

Andrew Drew knows his gear. If you were in QLD id send you his way.

I was talking to him last week about a system for my wife's new car, but she was to quick for me and organised sumthing herself.

She had this system installed last Friday....

system.jpg

Hums along nicely for what she wants.

Tonx...give Drewy a call he is tops at what he does and will give first class advice...07 3892 2555...My Big Black Truck sounds a treat thanks to Drewy...;)

Hey tonx

I had alpine amp,sub in me car with pioneer head unit and pioneer 2 ways in the parcel shelf, 2 days later the alpine sub was blown up :( to loud hehe :p The alpine i had was a type s 12 inch woofer 800 watts, i replaced it with a pioneer sub with 1000 watts, Verry happy with the pioneer, But also rember alpine under rate there gear! keep that in mind.

Also nothing wrong with the autobarn or supercheap stuff! but some time u can get unlucky with faulty stuff!

I have $4000 worth of audio in my car consisting of a Pioneer head unit and MTX subs, splits, and 5 channel amp. Sounds like heaven! Picked it up when I worked at Strathfield. I highly recommend MTX drivers! :-D

I couldn't go past Eclipse personally. I have the CD5000 in my WRX, but still with my sony xplod speakers. Sounds great though. I also have a 12in Eclipse sub running and the sounds is awesome.

In my opinion and experiences i would steer clear of sony, thats just my opinion. Ive got 2 kenwood subs fusion amp, clarion splits in the back clarion amp and stock in front and a pioneer head unit and it goes off. however if sony works for u then go with what u no...

Go the old school eurovox setup! Biggest piece of crap. I just turn it off and listen to the V8 rumble and exhaust.

As far as head units go, Pioneer have some awesome one, as does Clarion and Alpine. Try to stay away from Xplods, they arent that good.

Same goes for subs and amps, Pioneer, Kenwood, MTX, JL, Alpine and Clarion all make really good Subs, Splits and Amps.

I run Kenwood (source, cd and speakers) and i think its great quality at a great price

My alpine amp is a piece of doggy doo doo. i would never recommend alpine

First things first how much do you want to spend for quality???. as far as head units go pioneer leads by a mile. Speakers/splits - clarion, alpine, pioneer are all good value for quality. Amps - MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET CHEEPIES OFF EBAY OR ANYTHING UNDER $200 FOR A 4 CHANNEL ETC, GET PROPER BRAND NAME AMPS, pioneer, kicker, clarion, alpine, fusion are all good. Subs - there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to bass in your ride, if you want your music to have just the right amount of bass i recommend a small 2 channel amp with an 8" to 10" sub, that should be plenty(around $150-$300). But if you want to be the centre of attention at your local macca's you can go all out and put 2 or 3 15" competition subs at 3000watts each with big powered competition amps and capacitors with brands like mtx, rockford fosgate, cadence etc your looking at prices starting at $2000 just for amps and subs. Iv'e seen systems in cars that are worth $70,000 - $80,000. I've had a lot of mates with a lot of cars and seen a lot of systems and seen all these brands perform well without fail.
As for me i'm running all pioneer gear (head unit,splits,rears,amps,subs) and i'm very happy with my setup.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom