Canberra Seniors Cup 2013

Hi Bowlers,
Latest list with deposits showing.
Regards, Ian.

Attachments

• Canberra Seniors Cup Squad List 2013.xls
    73.5 KB · Views: 73
Hi all,

What I think should happen for this vent is open B squad up to 60 bowlers and bowl 5 to a pair. This would require little change to times , none on the first day and the B squad could start 30 minutes earlier on the second day.

Hi Bowlers,
With recent discussions we have decided to open B squad up to 60 bowlers to allow fairness for those that didn't get a chance to enter for a range of reasons. We will keep A squad at 48 so there will be no change to starting times on the Saturday but we will make an annocucement on the Saturday arvo for the B squad bowlers as to how early the start will be on the Sunday morning, maybe only 30mins and A squad probably 30 mins to 1 hr on Sunday. The squad below now reflects all changes based on bowlers preferences to the openings and at this stage we now have a full field in B squad with 60 and 1 res at present foe A squad.

Hope this is a satisfactory outcome for everyone concerned. Prize payouts will be adjusted as per final starting numbers on the day.

Regards,
Swanny/Hollywood.

Attachments

73.5 KB · Views: 64
Hi Guys,

Good job.

So roughly what time do you think finishing time will be.
I'm even thinking of suggesting it for SA Classic but worked out we wouldn't finish till 5pm.
You know if everyone was happy with that I would do it, but you know with people always rushing to catch planes etc...

Tony

Hi Guys,

Good job.

So roughly what time do you think finishing time will be.
I'm even thinking of suggesting it for SA Classic but worked out we wouldn't finish till 5pm.
You know if everyone was happy with that I would do it, but you know with people always rushing to catch planes etc...

Tony
Hi Tony
We have calculated that we would finish round the 3-30-4-00 maybe a little earlier all things going to plan
Cheers
Ian s

A good result for all I think. Good suggestion Steve (there is still a place for lateral thinking)

Cheers

Fair enough,
I usually work on 10min a game by 3 on a lane = 30mins a game times 8 games = 240 mins (4 hours). plus I allow 30 mins for lane changes and slow bowlers (we never have those).
So if B starts at 8am, + 4 and half hours makes it 12.30pm off the lanes............
Add 1 hours for re oiling...........being generous....
"A" squad starts at 1.30pm..........
2 to a lane by 10mins = 20mins by 8 games = 160 mins (2 hours and 30mins) Say 3 hours including lane changes and slow bowlers (he!..He!)
finishing 4.30pm........presentation at 4.45pm out of the bowl by 5.15..5.30pm............

Of course we never have break downs so we wont include that.

Am I too far out with my calc. ?

I don't think this is a problem, pending on peoples flights, but most of them would be in the earlier flight.

Like i said I would consider this for SA Classic if I knew every one would be happy with it!

Cheers

Tony

Tony

I think the only error in your timing is that with 5 to a pair there is 2 and a half games on each lane not not 3 on one lane and 2 on the other does that make sense

Belly

Tony

Trust me 5 bowlers to a pair WILL bowl faster than 3 bowlers to a lane, they will take 30 minutes per game including lane changes (no breakdowns) 4 hours 15 minutes at the most

Hi Bowlers,

Attached is an updated squad list with the changed format with deposits showing which have been received as at COB today.

Kind Regards,

Hollywood & Swanny.

Attachments

72.5 KB · Views: 70
So Belly, you predict a whole 15 min faster than what I said.....not much really......They still wont finish by 3.30 - 4.
Anyway we shall see.

HI Bowlers,

Attached is the updated squad list , Reserves will be allocated spots as they are received. also deposits shown that have been received thus far.

Cheers,
Hollywood.

Attachments

66 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom