bowling on tv

I am sure that at some time during this thread, it was mentioned that maybe an arena style event could be set up.

I approached Rod Laver & Vodafone arena's. I have just gotten back premilinary costs for this.

It would be approx $35k to hold a 2 day event in one of these arean's. Not to bad.

Lets see costs so far.

Arena $35k
Lanes $100k
TV $250

Still under the original estimate of $500K.

xpense said:
I am sure that at some time during this thread, it was mentioned that maybe an arena style event could be set up.
I approached Rod Laver & Vodafone arena's. I have just gotten back premilinary costs for this.
It would be approx $35k to hold a 2 day event in one of these arean's. Not to bad.
Lets see costs so far.
Arena $35k
Lanes $100k
TV $250
Still under the original estimate of $500K.

And still no money:p is that 250k for tv?

its a lot of money...it would have to be 250k for tv...no tv station would pick it up for less probably

i recall earlier on in the posting frenzy on this subject, some one said we need to make the sport more exciting for spectators in the bowl watching our tournements like the super 6. well how bout we take another leaf out of the pba. have theme music for those who make the step ladder finals or elimination finals. you could have them come out from the back of the centre behind the lanes while some one is really hamming it up on the mic announcing each person, all while the lanes are being oiled for that portion of the day so we dont delay the tournment or delay it that much. i think it would be a bit more exciting to throw in some pizzaz like that into the mix

This is a nation that thrives on football (all codes). Turn Tenpin Bowling into a contact sport. ;)

theme music sounds good to me:D get the fog machines happening and flashy lights:p

Really need an IN YOUR FACE presenter as well that people will remember

yeah it sounds good, but who could possibly get that kind of money to hold such an event???

*'TOPHER* said:
theme music sounds good to me:D get the fog machines happening and flashy lights:p
Really need an IN YOUR FACE presenter as well that people will remember

That actually sounds pretty good, but I think the bowlers involved would have to display some charisma as well.

bowlers needing charisma as well? i dont think that would be aproblem peter. i feel as soon as you put some one in that situation they would play up to the occasion. if you see the pba they all do it even the most quiet and receeded people play up the intros

once you had a TV deal, you would be able to get sponsors for the event.

The great thing about anything on TV is you are then able to advise the sponsors that you have TV coverage, and then it becomes a whole new ball game, when you are discussing the benifits to a sponsor for putting in big dollars to support you, as they are now able to see they may get some return for the money.

You then hold it in an Arena, and charega entry fees. for example you make it a small areana style at Rod Laver, and this holds 6000 people, you charge $20 per ticket, and this can be used to go towards the costs or prizefund increases.

griggsy said:
bowlers needing charisma as well? i dont think that would be aproblem peter. i feel as soon as you put some one in that situation they would play up to the occasion. if you see the pba they all do it even the most quiet and receeded people play up the intros

You're probably right Griggsy. I can see a Mark Ramsay or a Steve Hampson lairing it up for the cameras and the audience, but I have also noticed some stuffed shirts in our game and I can't help feeling that these people will frown upon that. There loss I guess.

Whatever happened with the Coca Cola sponsorship?

Well if Belmo happened to not make the finals, we would at least have a commentator :D

I'd love to see this all happen as we all would I'm sure. But it keeps coming back the the main question - HOW. I don't have a spare $250 000 just sitting around, and if I did, I would help out. I did however pick up $2 off the street yesterday, if I do that 125 000 more times, I'll be able to help you :)

The 9-pin wonderboy said:
Well if Belmo happened to not make the finals, we would at least have a commentator :D
I'd love to see this all happen as we all would I'm sure. But it keeps coming back the the main question - HOW. I don't have a spare $250 000 just sitting around, and if I did, I would help out. I did however pick up $2 off the street yesterday, if I do that 125 000 more times, I'll be able to help you :)

Dont you mean 124 999 more times?;)

=D>
If anyone is interested and actually does have Foxtel - Fox Sports 1 has the Tenpin Bowling PREMIERE 2005 Weber Cup Pool at 5.00AM on the 5/12/05.
Happy watching

Bonbon said:
=D>
If anyone is interested and actually does have Foxtel - Fox Sports 1 has the Tenpin Bowling PREMIERE 2005 Weber Cup Pool at 5.00AM on the 5/12/05.
Happy watching

Are you sure this is bolwing, as it says POOL

I copied and pasted exactly what was in the description for the show on foxtel.com.au

xpense said:
Are you sure this is bolwing, as it says POOL

it doesn't say anything about pool in the program...its the ten pin bowling 2005 weber cup (thats what it says)

Back
Top Bottom