Bowling is not stupid!

One man's junk,is another man's treasure......

Most people don't realise the skill in the "game", It's advertise as a social game,( something to do to keep the kids amused on school holidays and weekends) while the "sport" does have a really good social aspect, The "game" has to be advisement as a sport.

I think that journo will take all ten positions in the stupidest journalists category!

I wouldn't feel too bad, I mean he added billiards, WSOP and womens basketball ... ALL very popular sports, even in his country! Someone needs to get off the meth, me thinks!

I feel sorry for the jounalist.

If you are given the opportunity to inform a mass population about the daily events in the world, publishing an article about how "stupid" a particular event is will not only influence a lot of people of never taking the event seriously, but it will also cause a promising younger generation to give it up because it is not cool or the "fact" that it is stupid!!!

I admit that I too don't like certain sports but the only thing I will do about that is not take part personally, not publish an article or post on facebook and/or myspace that that particular sport is stupid.

Please keep your personal opinions out of the professional press!!!:mad:

To all those promoting the fantastic sport of bowling - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Cheers,

Jas.

i love watching Ten Pin Bowling and Thoroughbred racing, especially espn pba!! but have to agree with him on spelling bee, poker, fishing and hotdog eating being boring to watch. the rest of the sports deserve to be seen though.

WSOP id leave in there, plus Bass Masters and Spelling Bee and Hot Dog eating, rest are ok. Those 4 are S-T-U-P-I-D

Most people don't realise the skill in the "game",

Thats right. And there is no skill at all required for poker, chess or any of the other things you lot dislike.

There are some very narrow minded posts starting to creep into this thread.

I wouldn't worry to much about this article. After looking at a few other things he's done I think that he's just a young punk college kid who thinks he's gods gift to journalism.

Probably some young bloke with the attention span of a two week old puppy.

One thing I do agree with Aussie though, it (bowling) can be tedious to watch on the box if they aren't allowed to show a bit of character.

Back
Top Bottom