Bowling Centre Coffee

Loose Cannon

Bowlers always have time to spare.
A fun topic this one but I had a conversation over the weekend with a few bowlers about bowling centre coffee and how some make great cups whilst others taste like burnt mud. Now I don't want to name & shame bowling centres that make bad cuppas but feel free to make your case which centres make a good cup of java ?
My local centre at Highlands Tenpin in Mittagong make a great coffee as most of the staff there are also trained Baristas. Gone are the days of foam cups , boiling urn & instant coffee.:eek:

I know of a centre which used to use coffee grounds 2~3 times before refilling the head with new grounds. Let's just say that café manager was brilliant at making money, but not at making coffee. ;)

Hey Luke,

I confess I am a bit of a coffee-snob. Love my coffee. Mittagong would have to make the best coffee of any bowling centre I have been in over the last four years of bowling. As I said to you, i don't want a loyalty card from here, happy to pay for a good coffee.

The coffee there is as good as any coffee I have bought in a cafe over the last three years.

As for the other centre we spoke about, won't mention their name either, but when i was asked what is my coffee was like my response was simple, "well, at least you can't burn the caffeine out of it!"

I have to say that Caboolture does a very good long black. Actually, their whole menu far exceeds normal bowl food and all for very reasonable prices.

Have to agree with kc^^^^ best bowl coffee I've ever had (and that's a lot of bowl coffee)

And a corona for under 6 bucks? Unheard of in a bowl :)

Back
Top Bottom