Best Food in (or near) a Bowl

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
I like George's thread about "three best reasons" and thought I would continue it with a thread idea I've been meaning to post for a while as this could also be great tournament information!

Which bowl has the best food? Or even where's the best eatery you'd recommend near somewhere you've bowled and why?

Mt Warren gets a few mentions in George's post; Tell us the details folks!

I'll start with a few locations. In a bowl - Gosford City Bowl makes possibly the best hamburger with the lot I've ever eaten. Simple food done well.

Near a bowl - Rene's Pizza in Blacktown is great. Old fashioned pizzas. Not gourmet, but not dripping with cheese either. Well balanced pizza, great pasta, gelato and coffee. Got that 70's burnt orange laminex and fake brick wallpaper feel too. Again, simple food done with care.

And in Melbourne - the Victoria Bakery shares the same driveway as Altona Oz Tenpin. It's an Arab bakery and their pastries (Baklava etc.) and coffee are magnificent. Godfather's Pizza up the road was good no-frills nosh too!

Bowl food...Mt Warren

Near a Bowl or MY WORK...:D... Arrivederci Pizza Al Metro...Where else can you BUY 3 metres of pizza...They too have great pasta and gelati...

Football fever is in the air at Arrivederci, with the 2010 World Cup... The Last World Cup saw 25,000 fans decend upon Park Rd during the Australia vs Italy Quarter Final match...They have been open 24/7 during the World Cup showing all the matches LIVE on5 LCD and 2 projector screens...

And for a great Restaurant down at Broad Beach (Goldy) is George’s Steak & Seafood Restaurant...Georges’s offers a wide choice of local and Mediterranean cuisine..>Their service is second to none...

I like George's thread about "three best reasons" and thought I would continue it with a thread idea I've been meaning to post for a while as this could also be great tournament information!

Which bowl has the best food? Or even where's the best eatery you'd recommend near somewhere you've bowled and why?

Mt Warren gets a few mentions in George's post; Tell us the details folks!

I'll start with a few locations. In a bowl - Gosford City Bowl makes possibly the best hamburger with the lot I've ever eaten. Simple food done well.

Near a bowl - Rene's Pizza in Blacktown is great. Old fashioned pizzas. Not gourmet, but not dripping with cheese either. Well balanced pizza, great pasta, gelato and coffee. Got that 70's burnt orange laminex and fake brick wallpaper feel too. Again, simple food done with care.

And in Melbourne - the Victoria Bakery shares the same driveway as Altona Oz Tenpin. It's an Arab bakery and their pastries (Baklava etc.) and coffee are magnificent. Godfather's Pizza up the road was good no-frills nosh too!

Jason,

2nd best post you have ever written , hahahaha

Gosford City make unreal burgers and steak sambos

Mt Warren food isn't bowling alley food it's like a proper cafe.
Last friday (during league) I had a, well you could really say, gourmet pizza. Prepared by the fantasticly gifted cafe staff (Thanks Christine and Rocky :D).
I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal there, the food is always 5 stars.

Burgers, seafood, nibblies they do it all and at a reasonable price (Even better if your a league bowler ;) )
They are even happy to make something to your tastes if the exact thing you want isn't on the menu. Always come out hot and tasty. I could go on and on but you really have to try it for your self!

While your there give our (Honest - thanks Grant) wooden lanes a try. :D

(Yes I know that was a shameless plug, but I don't even work there hehe)

Having bowled at Gosford for years until moving to the Gold Coast i certainly agree. The food was pretty darn great! :)

I agree Ryan. Best food I have ever had in a bowl was at Mt Warren. The staff are great and nothing is too much trouble.

Pauls near Southgate are fantastic, but Rockdale Bowls burgers where great and really fresh ... also late Tuesday nights at Carlton after a drink at the Hurstville Pub hit the spot ...

Back
Top Bottom