Bowling at the 2006 Commonweath Games

Has the Clayton's Commonwealth Games Bowling tournament been bowled in Manchester yet, and if so, how did we go????
Bron & Jag :?

Answer to Stax : Not sure .. Peter Coburn has something to do with this though...

Answer to Bron & Jag : Not yet, it is after the World Youth.

dreams are free stax

Malaysia only included it in 1998 because they had very good gold medal prospects and its a national sport there

Australia is not desperate to win a few extra medals at all costs

my bet is that bowling will only be included in Melbourne if the bowling industry is prepared to finance its inclusion

now wouldn't that make a great item on "Ripley's Believe It or Not" or "That's Impossible"

There has already been quite an extensive post on the forum regarding the eligibility of tenpin bowling in the Melbourne Commonwealth Games, with lots of input from people all over the place. I'm sure if we ask Graham nicely :) he may be able to drag it out for you to peruse.....

The Commonwealth Games championships, to be contested by Frawls, Anne-Maree, Belmo and Nat are to be held sometime in September in sunny Scotland. These dates have also been posted previously but I'm really sorry :? I can't remember which post that was either.....

There's just too much going on in this forum..... :mrgreen:

hi guz

no luck. i was looking at the commonwealth games book and there is no mention of bowling in melbourne. :cry: i was a little disapointed as well.

well hope it isnt true

bye

FYI, the sports have not been finalised 100% for Melbourne 2006. In March 2003 the M2006 Committee will have an official launch and announcement on the sports and their venues.

This was the announcement at the Victoria Commonwealth Games Association AGM on the 19th June 2002.

Believe me, TBAL are working as hard as they can to get bowling included.

Back
Top Bottom