BIG SCORES AT EAST COAST

Finchy

Over the weekend the Association championships events (singles, doubles and 4 person teams) kicked off, with the East Coast Challenge Cup starting today in earnest with the singles event being bowled by all state team members.

A couple of records hit the dirt today, sorry I don't have a lot of details... mainly the scratch bowlers...

Andrew Lloyd, 300 during game 3, first 300 bowled in the history of the tournament, Andrew had 1048 for his four game block, he also bowled a 279 game in his second game.

Jon King of Queensland (formally a NSW bowler I hear) was bowling with Andrew and shot a 279 also on the second game, and followed up with a 296!

Other honourable mentions:- Paul Madden 280 game, Ralph Harford 288 game, lots of 260s 250s etc from the male bowlers.

Women (again scratch) Narelle Baker 933 series, Jenny Buckle 922, Sam Warby also over 900 and Sue Raphael high 800s.

Rhonda Hebbard (graded women) - a nice 240 game.

Val Porteus bowling in doubles on Sunday, a fantastic 277 game and her first ever 700 series.. watch out the seniors in the nationals coming up shortly!!!!!

Chris Cooper of Morwell (?) during Monday's all events shot his first ever 8 bagger for his highest game ever (and 3-game series) and then finished off during the last squad of the day with a fantastic 289 game...

The next three days of competition are looking fantastic, here's to some more 300 games (hopefully) and the records tumbling.

Please add any other comments, as I said, I have only seen some of the bowling and I am sure there are a few more
honourable mentions out there.

Can't wait for the teams events!!!!!! :D :D :D

Hi All

Hopefully later tonight, I will be able to post the singles and doubles results for all sections of the Cup.

I will also post the results of the triples and teams as they happen.

Keep you posted!!

Kyles :D

Hey Kyles!

I hear your kick'n some serious Butt too..

you shot 900+ in the Cup singles did'nt you?

Keep it goin Kid!

Back
Top Bottom