Best bowling centre in Queensland?

lol how about the 2 lane centre at Chinchila

Fair dinkum... Who has ever heard of a 2 lane centere??? Chinchilla is huge! They have 4 lanes!

For atmosphere, it would would have to be Greenslopes (PRE AMF!!!), and Clayfield. In terms of huge scoring, I'd have to say Caboolture, Aspley & Milton.

and Legends at Labrador - so much fun upstairs with Tony Rodrick and the piano - gossip - criticism as we watched from above.
It appears that the social side is prominent in my memories - just does not happen much anymore.
Flower

ah
now ure talkin mary

i loved that place
i started bowling when it opened as paradise lanes in 1988 and it was my second home for nearly 7 years.

The upstairs fewing area was the best for tournaments, conned my way in to a few free bourbons and beers
as a 15 year old :p

Clayfield was great!!

I can still remember as a kid wanting some pocket money I struck a deal with Ken Sheehan to paint the carpark.

There were two of us, me and my mate Sean. $150 each in the hand what a bargain and all the paint we needed.

It was only after 2 hours of a 20 hours painting (with rollers and a paint brush to share) that I found out who got the better deal.

ha ha had fun though in the end (got my moneys worth in milkshakes & and burgers)

Ken taught me all he knows and I appreciate that.........

Jason

Can you guys get it right. Chinchilla has 6 lanes.

At this rate, Chinchilla will have 24 lanes by the end of the month!!! They'll have to take the two indoor cricket nets and the gymnastics area out just to fit them in :) :) :)

Seriously though, Spanner is right, they do have 6 lanes there.

At this rate, Chinchilla will have 24 lanes by the end of the month!!! They'll have to take the two indoor cricket nets and the gymnastics area out just to fit them in :) :) :)
Seriously though, Spanner is right, they do have 6 lanes there.

If they get to 24, we could hold the Nationals out there.;) :D

Clayfield was great!!
I can still remember as a kid wanting some pocket money I struck a deal with Ken Sheehan to paint the carpark.
There were two of us, me and my mate Sean. $150 each in the hand what a bargain and all the paint we needed.
It was only after 2 hours of a 20 hours painting (with rollers and a paint brush to share) that I found out who got the better deal.
ha ha had fun though in the end (got my moneys worth in milkshakes & and burgers)
Ken taught me all he knows and I appreciate that.........
Jason

if we are talking about centres that have closed aswell
i would say that my favourite was lawnton small very family and bowler orientated until they sold and moved
but now my favourite is caboolture
daniel

Going back quite a way i remember chevron and being underground which was pretty cool as a kid when coming to the coast for a holiday.

I remember paradise too, going way back, can remember bowling there one night and it was so windy and the rain was so hard that it rained inside the centre! bet the backends were clean after that one! :D

I really liked superbowl back when they hosted the nationals, it was set up well, had plenty of room and the place was packed. Has heaps of potential, probably one of my fav centres in qld (though i havent bowled there in about 8 years so it might have changed).

Going back to junior years bowling at greenslopes will always stay in my head, too many fond memories, some great bowling and heaps of fun, so its probably right up there for me (hated the carpark though) :)

Mine would be Caboolture since I grew up there and had a heap of good memories there like sleeping under the benches (Animal would remember that)!! Also i've been a bowler there for over 10 years and I like the lanes!!

My second Favourite would have to be Aspley because thats were I spend most of my time now and I like bowling there!!

Looks like Aspley's in the lead! ;)

This thread was not designed to be a competition...

I would say i have enjoyed bowling at Milton over the years... Because it was close to home and work...But my favorite bowl would have been Legends at Labrador... As much as i didn’t bowl there alot Ricky Cox had the team well oiled and the lanes also... and to be honest nothing better than being able to average 230+ playing up the edge....:D Those were the days...

This thread was not designed to be a competition...
I would say i have enjoyed bowling at Milton over the years... Because it was close to home and work...But my favorite bowl would have been Legends at Labrador... As much as i didn’t bowl there alot Ricky Cox had the team well oiled and the lanes also... and to be honest nothing better than being able to average 230+ playing up the edge....:D Those were the days...

No competition in this thread....

Gary hasnt got a poll on it....... lmao

Chowny.............................................................

Clayfield by a country mile. Ken Sheehan was an awesome coach and boss and working under Ricky Cox, I learnt plenty from him. A great atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom