Belmonte & Shelley Win Silvers For Australia

Graham

Staff member
Australian representatives Jason Belmonte & Natalie Shelley, Australias leading Youth bowlers, bowled themselves into a Silver medal each in the Commonwealth Championships in Scotland overnight.

Belmonte bowled 649 and a 671 block for a total of 1320 (220ave), only 30 pins away from first placed Shaik Abdul Hameed from India. Nick Froggatt from England was in 3rd only 1 pin off Belmonte. Australia's other entrant in the mens, Andrew Frawley finished 4th (1291, 215.16ave).

In the womens division, Victorian Natalie Shelley bowled the championships first 700 series, shooting 705 for her first 3 games, before closing with a 597, relegating her to second place behind Donna Adams from England. Sue Abela from Malta was in third place, 105 pins behin Shelley. Ann Maree Putney finished a disappointing 16th place, shooting 1058 (176.3ave).

Full results can be seen at the championship website : http://www.stba.org.uk/CC02/main.htm

Hey everyone!!!!! I would just like to congratualte Belmo and Nat on their SILVER Medals in the Commonwealth Championships :D Its great to see the success following on from the world youth team in Thailand. Im sure that the rest of you will pick up many more medals with the talent we have in the team! GOOD LUCK in the rest of the events and bring home some GOLD :twisted:

Well done Belmo and Nat you guys rule you are just Champions keep the great work up :)

Bring home the GOLD next :)

GO AUSSIES!!!!!

Toodles
Lil Leisa xxxx

P.S Graham i know i have been busy but your taking my reporting job away from me :( Unfair hehehe it's kewl just don't do it too often!! :)

Back
Top Bottom