Belmonte lapping the field in ToC....

Congrats to belmo on picking up a second major, geez how p#ssed of did big Wes look after the match!

Wes Malott with fire in his belly is one hell of a competitor but Jason looked sharper then what he did at the U.S open and he finished on the tricky left lane and I thought cream on the face was alright, might be the gatorade celebration of bowling!

Bill O'Neill & Belmo are great mates. They play pranks on each other all the time. Was it the right thing to do in a situation like that? Maybe not. Did it give a much needed plug to the sponsor's? Yes it did. Did I like it? I'm still not extremely fond of the way it went down, but, thanking the sponsors has been something missing in these interviews. When I say sponsors, I don't just mean the bowler thanking their ballco for the equipment they threw, but the actual title sponsors. You watch just about any other sport, tournament winners usually thank the title sponsor by using the sponsors name during post match interviews. I was watching the x games snow mobile racing last week, the winner was sponsored by loctite (along with many others). He was talking about a crash he had in practice & then mentioned he used loctite to re-tighten everything & then get out there & win the event. I thought the shaving cream pie, was at least a little funny, and not a bad way to give the title sponsor, Barbasol, a nice little plug. Now, if that clip makes it onto Sports Centre or Pardon the Interruption & shows like that, not only is it giving PBA bowling a little more publicity (good or bad), it's also giving Barbasol a nice plug...

Back
Top Bottom