Ballina duo to good in NT

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Jason Walsh and Emma Rutten confirmed why they are regarded as two of Australia's best bowlers by taking out the Arafura Classic titles last weekend.

On what proved to be challenging conditions, Jason lead from the start to secure the top spot after matchplay. Belmo finished strong to get 2nd and I rounded out the top 3 for the step ladder.

Belmo never gave me a chance and defeated me 243 to 189. Belmo then had a chance to beat Jason in their first match but was unable to throw the 11th when he needed it, assuring Walsh of the win, 218 to 213. A close and entertaining match for all watching.

The womens was a one sided affair all weekend, Rutten dominating qualifying and matchplay to secure the top spot. that left Claire Johnson and Michelle Halprin to battle it out. Claire boasting the best stat of all bowlers during the course of the weekend, NO SINGLE PIN MISSES

Claire won the first match but never got a look in as Emma started throwing a string of strikes, winning the match 246 to 195.

It was again a great weekend and I would like to congratulate all the staff at Planet Bowl and the NT Association for running the event. Looking forward to next year which will host Internationals from around Asia.

Back
Top Bottom