Bahrain Open *AUS Players* (and Tim Mack too)

P

pbafire

These guys got here safely...

1015 and 1130 squad
Tim managed a 716 his first trial
Andrew had 500 after 2, but shot 177 - 677 first trial.
Geoge shot a low 600.
Next trial..>Tim and Andrew bowled two games...then DNF'ed..went back to the hotel...George shot another low 600

5PM and 630 Squad
Tim and Andrew shot 585 and 577...not too good...didn't catch what George shot

Tim shot 730 in the 630 squad, Andrew shot 687...George, another low 600.

Standings for these three with three squads left tonight, and 10 more tomorrow (if they bowl them all)....
Tim 31st - 730 716 585
Andrew 57th 687 677 577
George 621 629 615

The projected cut to top 28 is 228-230....top 28 instead of top 27th as defending champ failed to register....so top 28 + top 4 locals not in cut to round out the field.

Should be an interesting last day tomorrow....sorry can't post on the scores for the last three squads tonight as I am at home now...time to rest, I think tomorrow is going to be a long day watching.

Scott

Hey Scott,
As a fellow American I'd like to say....
Can I have a job like yours? Man, don't you ever work? lol

Wayne

haha

it's called vacation...I get 20 days a year....I am using it all now to concentrate on bowling the Bahrain Open and then Qatar Open.

Well...It's 6AM now...I see the results haven't changed from last night (which actually just means that standing sheet on-line is still the same one from last night with three squads to go from last night and then all of today )

Oh well, can't expect the association to be perfect.....guess I will have to make my way by the bowl to see who is where.

Updated standings after day 1

me +213 (698,666,649)

Frawls +260 ish

Mack +300

still got 5 qualifying squads to go, I need a 700 block. Check out my site for a bit of a story on how things are going. Scott has been very helpful.

G

Frawls is in....shot a 732 today...to move up to 2103 I think...very safe...

I have 2080 and am tied for 22/23.....

there are 6 squads left...I am still in a watching mode...I will bowl tonight 1000 and 1130 if needed...But I think I am still safe..

Scott

Well I failed to obtain the 700 I needed, I kept bowling 640's all day which is a little frustrating. Frawls opened up with the front 10 in one of his squads and missed the 11th for a nice 288 and a 730 block cruising through to the finals.

Like I said on my site, there is a huge difference between how the sides of the lanes are playing and I will bet money that the top 5 players will all be right handed power players. If Tim and Frawls can post some big numbers on the fresh, imagine the scores on the carry down. The left has a huge out of bounds on the edge which makes things very tight. Even with the lefties that got through on obscene amounts of qualifying attempts I think they will be hard pressed to compete in the finals.

We'll see what happens. Congrats to Scott Long aka PBAfire who scrapped into the cut. I can only sit back and support my friends now and pray that Frawls or Tim bowl a 300 :) for half the car on offer.

Regards from Bahrain

Hey George,

Sorry to hear that you didn't progress. You were great to watch in Perth, finishing in 4th. We're following your diary entries on your site, great to see they're updated frequently! Anyways, keep your head up, enjoy the break and better luck in Qatar!

Maybe now that you have a little spare time you can put up some pictures of sunny Bahrain??

Please pass on our congratulations and support to Frawlsy and Tim from all the staff at Fairlanes,

Andrew.

Well.....

I made the cut to the semi's like george said...but I bombed out...finished 31st out of the 32.

Tim Mack Truck ran over the field so far with a 240+ average for 8.

Andrew missed the cut to 16 by less than 50 sticks...had a slow start...shot a 142 either game one or two.

Tonight the top 16l bowl another 8 games to cut to the top 8.

Congrats to local Yousif Falah for winning the youth division (top 3 step ladder was held today). Also congrats to him for trying his best to keep pace with Tim most of the first 8 games this morning. He finished 4th out of the bunch for this AM's squad. Bander Al Shafri was the cut to 16th with a 207-208 average.

Will post again later after tonights semi final round.

Scott

I have taken heaps of photos but because I cant use GPRS over here I have no way of downloading them. I"ll keep posting on my site everyday in Qatar, they have a business centre in the hotel.

G

I just wanted to say that Yousif Falah waz gr8 and he is well fit.anyway I saw the winning of his champion live but I didn't hav the chance to tape record it I think he ,sami noor,ahmed rahimi,ahmed albastiki and isa abdul jabar were really really gr8 and they really rule my world.
so good luck to them :wink: :D

Back
Top Bottom