Back to Back Majors in Melbourne for Matt

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
Wow, it's been a week and I haven't seen this thread yet, so I guess I'll start it.

Congratulations to Matt "BC" Riley for his complete domination of the Melbourne International Tenpin Cup. Matt's upper body strength gave him a competitive edge on the high friction surface by way of high ball speed and he was never out of the lead after about game four of qualifying.

Bouquets also go to Brandon Qualischefski and Jarrod Lean. Brando also used his height and a big backswing to generate exceptional ball speed to control the conditions while Jarrod used control equipment while putting the hammer down speed-wise in a brilliant display.

The demanding pattern kept scores low (we saw many shots miss the headpin and even a few three counts off the first ball from those who braved the gutter!) so "pegging it" to hold the pocket would appear the order of the day, going by the results.

The stepladder final was high scoring in the first game with Jarrod passing Brando and looking a chance for an upest victory. The lane change for the final put an end to that resulting in a close finish with both players having some difficulty getting to the pocket. Full scores are at www.tenpin.org.au

Anyway, some great bowling, but Matt truly was the champion.

Nice work big fella.

Now somebody write up the women's event please! ;)

Back
Top Bottom