Aust open... some things to know.

Just some dot points I can pass on to you:

Lane conditions:
Whilst the kegel dude has not arrived he has advised me that the pattern will most probably be 40 to 41ft in length, and as per FIQ rules will have 5 units at the end of buff.
He will post the pattern at the bowl by Thursday afternoon.
The machine is being loaned by Mentone Bowl, thanks to Steve Arundell for his help.

AMF have a condition that was set up for the Ladies Adelaide cup which is a longer oil pattern by their standards and somewhat mimicks the 1999 world FIQ pattern as far as the shape of the pattern when you look at the graph. This condition will be set down at Highpoint Thursday Afternoon and evening .(I believe) maybe even early Friday morning.
THIS IS NEITHER THE MACHINE NOR OIL OR PATTERN that will be used at the tournament.
Just more oil than the house shot for those to practice on.

No bowler playing the tournament will have access to practice on the tournament condition before the event.

Any bowler who wishes to participate in the rolloff for the team must pay their $20 before their first squad.

The centre manager has asked bowlers to use the basement carpark for the weekend, it has a lift and this will ease congestion in the main carpark used by officeworks.

The team selectors have asked to clarify an important point:
To all those National training squad members, please note if you do not run in the top 3 pointgetters in the rolloff, but finish 4th, 5th or 6th etc, this result will be taken into consideration will all other results and factors of all squad members when selecting the team.

The lane changes are after EACH game and I believe are one pair left and right (odd and even) for the 1st 2 days, then 2 pairs for the last day.

Looking forward to bowling, good luck to everyone.

Andrew Frawley.

Back
Top Bottom