Aspley this weekend - where is everyone?

you need to remember some people these days have a lot to pay for i.e fuel rent food and kids if they have any so $200 is a big cut out of some ones pay for the week

I agree Matt, we have 3 children and all the regular living expenses that go along with day to day life. That's why you budget for tournament expenses just as you would your phone, gas, groceries etc. The entry fee is $200 a mere $10 - $30 more than most other tournament entry fees and there's a huge prizefund! Maths done.

Cheers
Brad

Sorry Taya, The weekend thing was not a go at Aspley in any way. My point was to highlight to CERTAIN PEOPLE that there can be other reasons not to bowl rather than running scared from a particular entrant. I agree it is only one weekend BUT when you bowl in a lot of events it is no longer one weekend but rather a series of weekends and in the end we all have to make our individual choices what to bowl and what we dont.

I have my reasons for choosing not to bowl this weekend, I do agree that I dont think the entry fee is excessive and given that the vast majority of entry fee is being paid back there shouldn't be much to complain about.

Thank's for clearing that up Carl.

I understand that it does become a lot of money when you bowl in tournaments reguarly. Thats why I only do a few here and there. Its just really dissappointing to see such a good event like this not get the bowlers we were aiming to get. Especially when I myself know how much work Mum has put into it.

We thought that having a ranked tournament at Aspley similar to other tournaments that are held in other capitals would attract more of our local bowlers as well as interstate ones. And being that everyone always has something to say about our lanes and approaches, I really thought more people would challenge themselves and give it a go.

Matt,

If you look at the squad listings for SPC..I think you'll see they are attracting quite a few bowlers! Yes, I do agree with the fact that after paying for things like rent, fuel, food etc money can be left a bit short but as Brad said it is only a difference of $20-$30 and really..thats not all that much.

But in the end..everyone has their own oppinion.

Taya

i have to agree with you taya and as carl did i would like to clear things things up by sayin that this is not havein a go at aspley as i said be for i am not bowling any anything this year (this all so means leauge ) i do agree with you brad you do need to budget for these things but i have 2 people that bowl and one needs to give up for a year so to close this i would just like to say i would love to bowl but just cant affford it

well here are mine reasons then

Might have to pay for QLD youth team(which then includes aspley youth cup), ECCC, bills, life, more bills... and trying to save for a car... and just tuesday i got called upto work on saturday..

yes, payout looks good.. but even at 18, i have a budget..

sorry

Hi! All

It is with much regret that Mangement at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl, have had to
reconsider the up coming Aspley Open.

As indicated on the Entry Form "ALL ENTRIES " were to be accompanied
by a $100 deposit. As this as not occurred and numbers have not been
adequate enough to support the requirements of this tournament, we much
regrettably withdraw this Tournament.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and
look forward to the opportunity of hosting a ranked tournment in the
future and hope we will have the support of you the bowlers at that time.

Regards Aspley 10 Pin Bowl

Brad has the right idea if you want to bowl these events and quite frankly I've never thought of doing that myself. I relish the thought of going up against a bowler of the calibre of a George Frilingos or a Carl Bottomly in tournament mode. Nobody should fear them. You should enjoy them at their best. With the right attitude it can only make you a better bowler and to me that's well worth the entry fee.

Hopefully you guys can find a spare weekend in a less crowded part of the year next year, not an easy thing to do up here though!!

Good morning all,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for you thoughts, comments, and suggestions. Having taken these into consideration and with much deliberation during a management meeting this morning, we have concluded that the honourable thing in this instance would be to thank those bowlers who have supported our first attempt to introduce a nationally ranked tournament in our own back yards (so to speak)
Without your support we would not be able to offer a secondary option at this stage.

It’s not only disappointing to you the bowlers, but also to the management and staff at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl that we have not been able to get the numbers to launch the original tournament and that is something we will work on to ensure that our next attempt is a complete success.

We would like to thank those bowlers who have supported us and hope that the following offer will be suitable at such short notice.

Date: August 24, 2008 (Sunday)
Check in: 7.30am for 8.00 bowl
Entry fee: $200.00

8 games will be bowled with the top 15 bowlers continuing to matchplay
Please note: This event will no longer be ranked, but will have full accreditation
Prize fund based on 30 bowlers is as follows

1st $ 900.00
2nd $ 700.00
3rd` $ 550.00
4th $ 450.00
5th $ 400.00
6th $ 350.00
7th $ 325.00
8th $ 300.00
9th $ 275.00
10th $ 250.00
11th $ 225.00
12th $ 200.00
13th $ 185.00
14th $ 175.00
15th $ 150.00

A COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED AT 7.15AM​

Thanking you all in advance and I would like to make a special metion to thank George Frilingos and Andrew Christopher for their exhaustive efforts in this matter

Only problem is its more of a slap in the face for interstate bowlers who have missed their flights and cant make it.

Paul____

I think the point of this second option is for those bowlers who have booked flights, accomodation and cars etc. At the end of the day, something is better than nothing.

I personally think Aspley should be applauded for giving the bowlers another option. So Paul, obviously you're considering bowling as you have alot to say about the topic. Look forward to seeing you on the weekend mate!!!!

I'll get the ball rolling.

Please add
Paul Chambers LOL
Brad "Hoping to reclaim the title of Mr Aspley" Reggars
Taya "Anger Management" Reggars
Tony "Fastway House Removals" Hamilton
Peter "The Spanner" Martin
Darrin "Mr Aspley on the right" Comrie
George "Mr officially out of retirement" Frilingos
Mel "I have a sponsor" Warmington
Poppa "I'm coming for the breakfast" Reggars

Come on guys, lets get behind this and make it a great weekend :)
Cheers
Brad

Thanks Bradleyson, you always manage to make light of any situation.

Below is the squad list as at yesterday afternoon, due to the change in circumstance can you please advise if you do NOT intend to bowl this event, either to the bowl on (07) 3263 8848 or by reply to this thread.

An updated squad list will be provided ASAP

Thanks Captain Robbie, you have been added

1. Darryl Alford
2. Graham Allen
3. Ashley Clark
4. Darrin Comrie
5. John Dunn
6. Shaun Dunn
7. Jennifer Edwards
8. Stephen Ellul
9. George Frilingos
10. Jacinta Gilliland
11. John Grendon
12. Tony Hamilton
13. Adam Hayward
14. Adrian Judd
15. Rob Kaluci
16. Michael Kearney
17. Robbie Linari
18. Michael Little
19. Rob McGrath
20. Julieanne Mollet
21. Joseph Moraitis
22. Jim Murray
23. Rhian Patching
24. Brandon Qualischefski
25. Brad Reggars
26. Leon Reggars
27. Taya Reggars
28. Tim Reichel
29. Adrian Rizzardini
30. Jason Scott
31. Mel Warmington
32. Daan Wijker
33. Alex Winch
34. Russell Young

How does that help Rob Kaluci his flights were for 6.30 am this morning.

Was going to bowl but when u cancelled the tourny i made other arrangements to bowl with Michael Kearney in an Atbso fund raiser at Mt Gravatt.

Yeah paul..it sure sounded like you had intentions to bowl!

Aspley is trying really hard to get the ball back up and rolling for the tournament so people who have booked flights will not be inconvenienced. Unfortunately there is nothing Aspley can do about Rob not being able to make it now. Mum has been working with management at the bowl all morning to try and get this back up and running so you could at least cut the bowl some ******* slack!

Taya

Back
Top Bottom