Anyone do DIY?

My crappy old 12v no-name cordless drill finally packed up a few days ago and I'm looking round for a replacement. It won't be used for anything particularly arduous as I'm more of a DIY avoider however am thinking of maybe an 18v something-or-other.

Don't really want to pay for an industrial quality tool that'll be grossly underused so was looking at the Ryobi "One" or Black and Decker's "Firestorm". Has anyone used either and if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

I worked for Black& Decker for 5 years and FIRESTORM is a great product.However the RYOBI one Plus system is better for DIY due to the fact the battery will fit up to 18 different tools.
Warranty on the B&D 4 years.Ryobi 1 year.
Both good tools final decision is up to the user.

I've got a B&D Firestorm Circular Saw. It's a ripper. (No pun intended.) I was sold when I told the the guy from Bunnings that I wanted to buy something decent and he explained that they sell a lot of Firestorm stuff to apprentice carpenters as the tools go the distance and take less out of their apprentice wages. It's as solid as a rock and every time I use it, I'm glad I bought it.

Didn't know about the Ryobi Battery though!

The Ryobi One is a good concept but I'm not sure I'd buy more than the drill and the lamp tbh. Got two sons who seem to be about to embark on electrical apprenticeships though so whichever drill I buy I'll probably find it missing before too long anyway and if it's the Ryobi they'd probably find a use for some of the other tools. 4 year B&D warranty sounds good and could be the clincher though.

Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom