AMF If can't Provide Get It From Somewhere Else.

You've basically just agreed with everything i've said in my previous post.
It's all your own choice to keep coming back to bowling league each week and it's your own choice to buy or not buy food from the cafes.
It's a simple rule, do not bring food from other places into a bowling centre.
Do as a few bowlers do, come enjoy your day/night of bowling league and eat either before or after bowling.

I totally agree With Melissa There...
If u are NOT going to eat at the bowling centre then don't its by your own choice wether you buy something or not.
But you SHOULD'NT bring anything in from anywere else.
The Cafe is there for a reason...!

I agree with Mel and Brodie. The reason y they have a cafe in the first place is so u can have somethin 2 eat and drink.So y bring food n drinks into the bowl.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

This is history in the making...

Chris Castle, I AGREE!!! somewhat...

I dont agree with bowlers bringing in commercially brought food, ie: mcdonalds, KFC and the like, as AMF does provide chips, hamburgers, hotdogs etc... and canteen workers do work hard to provide good service to bowlers, AND I think 'Lane service' is GREAT!!! (im lazy)

HOWEVER...

From the bowlers point of view, they should be able to at least bring in sandwiches from home to league. bowling is expensive enough as it is, and in todays society every little bit counts. Products that AMF can't provide should be able to be brought into the centre, this may include fresh fruits and certain drinks.....

But...

Amf owns the centres, if you dont like it, go bowl elsewhere!

What if you have Celiac Disease! (Gluten intolerance)
and you can't have anything with Gluten in it.
You would be surprised how much stuff has it in it.
Then what do you do:confused:

I agree with why they do it if it’s commercially brought food. However food brought from home should be allowed.

I agree with people saying you can't take your own food into a restaurant; But Food is a restaurants main service. We are talking about a Bowling Ally, Bowling is the main priority.

hehe

Frosty:rolleyes:

nah, i wasnt agreeing. i think league bowlers should get discounts on cafe food or the prices should be dropped for everyone.
if you feel comfortable paying almost $4 for water that is just as good from a tap for free, i feel sorry for you, but if you don't feel comfortable paying it, do something about it - talk to the staff or management, tell them you don't like paying such high prices for their cafe products.
just saying "oh well its your choice" isn't going to fix or change anything is it? the prices will just keep going up unless people make a fuss about it and make a stand (which is what these people are doing).

people would follow the "simple rule" if they felt it was value for money, i'm sure.

p.s. to the person who said if u dont like amf go elsewhere, some people dont have that luxury remember...

patrick said:
p.s. to the person who said if u dont like amf go elsewhere, some people dont have that luxury remember...

true, my apoligies. I was refering to the original poster/s of the topic, should have made that clearer.

Cheers!

I know I wouldn't have a problem with someone bringing food to a centre I ran. Provided you show me temperature logs and time logs for the item of food. Show me records of where the food came from, who prepared it and was it done in a sanitary environment? Finally, I'd also like them to sign a waiver protecting the centre from any future charge of food poisoning.

Or they could just buy a salad roll.

It's not just about making sure bowlers HAVE to buy food at the cafe. By letting bowlers bring food into the centre, you are opening yourself up to potential law suits from both customers and council authorities

patrick said:
i think league bowlers should get discounts on cafe food
this is a reasonable suggestion as league bowlers are continually coming back week after week, season after season...many staying for years...
patrick said:
the prices will just keep going up unless people make a fuss about it and make a stand (which is what these people are doing).
making a fuss will just bring this whole argument up again, if you don't want to pay the prices then don't. the prices at the cafe are as they are because they need to be. cafes have a target that needs to be met and they're not going to get anywhere near those with lowered prices.

M[E]L[i]s[S]a said:
......... the prices at the cafe are as they are because they need to be. cafes have a target that needs to be met and they're not going to get anywhere near those with lowered prices.

It's a catch 22, Cafe sales go down for whatever reason, prices go up to keep sales figures up, people buy less due to higher prices, cafe sales go down, prices go up to keep sales figures up, people buy less due to higher prices, cafe sales go down, prices go up to keep sales figures up, people...............

Age old problem of getting the right mix. Do you have higher turnover at a lower price or lower turnover at a higher price. Higher turnover requires more expenditure re labour, product, utilities etc (mind you value for money for punter) Lower turnover, less utilities, less labour etc ( go figure )

Gary

Phluff said:
I know I wouldn't have a problem with someone bringing food to a centre I ran. Provided you show me temperature logs and time logs for the item of food. Show me records of where the food came from, who prepared it and was it done in a sanitary environment? Finally, I'd also like them to sign a waiver protecting the centre from any future charge of food poisoning.

Luke, Good to see you posting mate!

BUT, ima argue with ya!

When you go to the footy, do you have to do all that?
How about Basketball? Little Athletics? :p, Cricket? Supercars? Does 'one' sue a local council if you eat a picnic in a park and get sick?

Im hardly a legal expert, however I do believe that in the court of law, ESPECIALLY since there would be witnesses, that anyone trying to get some compo for food that they brought in would be grasping at straws, and more than likely risking a life ban from centres... I wouldnt want to risk it as a bowler, I like bowling.

Cheers!

Ok, i also work at Forest Hill, and I've got a few things to say about the subject...

1. Being a company, our request that you don't bring in food from outside is a condition of entry. I.e. Follow our rules while you're in our shop.
2. As to if we don't have what you want, think about this. Do you think staff at a mcdonalds store would be particularly happy if you brought in a hungry jacks whopper because you didn't like their burgers, but came for the fries and thick shakes? Ok, silly one, but its still a valid point.
3. If you don't like what we serve, ask the cafe and they may accomodate you for next time, or eat afterwards. Most league bowlers wouldn't be here any longer than 2 hours, so it really shouldn't be an issue.

Finally, there has been some complaints about staff eating from outside the centre while working. This is a completely different situation. I am here 5 days a week, 8 hours at a time. It's unreasonable to expect me to eat all my meals from our cafe. I may want to save money and bring food from home.
However, were i to come in and bowl, then i would be under EXACTLY the same rules as all other league bowlers, and would not be able to bring in food from outside the centre.

Hope that has settled a few minds at least. ;)

Why is it that everyone who hates the food and the prices complains about it but they never eat at home before they go bowling? they just want to bring it with them.

Its not like you need to eat just before you bowl.

And as for the drinks they are the same prices as a servo would charge and they are not a woolies or coles.
League bowlers may be constant money but they make minimal margin on your games, and they will make money in the cafe with or without league sales.

On that note the reason AMF repainted it centres in the colours is to attract more families as open play games and birthday parties are now becoming their major source of income and profit as the market has shifted and bowling doesnt enjoy the popularity it does in the US.

Have no illusions bowling is a business and not a local RSL for cheap lawn bowls and food.

Back
Top Bottom