ametuer bowling circuit??

griggsy

i was wondering is there like an ametuer bowling circuit? like a pba for ametuers, cause I see on here alot fo aussies and the liek going off to tournements like the storm phillipines classic and the cathay classic the tworld ten pin matsers etc. if there is one does any one ahve a scheduel for the rest of this yr and for next??

There isn't a circuit as such but a series of big International tournaments that are on through out the year. There is talk on at the moment about such a tour but it won't come to fruition until maybe 2004-2005. In the meantime you just have to be selective on what events you attend and which ones represent the best value. To give you an idea, heres my schedule for the next 4 months

May

Warrawong, Sydney - NSW Grand Prix event
Darwin - Arafura Classic
Perth - Perth Cup

June

Bahrain - Bahrain International Open
Qatar - Qatar International Open
Brisbane - Queensland Cup

July

Las Vegas - High Roller (3 tournaments on at once)
Sydney - NSW Open

August

Sweden - Super Six event
Denmark - Danbowl tour (3 tournaments in 1)
Singpore - Singapore Open

I could go on but you get the idea.

George

hey george

interesting to see your tournament commitments for the next few months.

with so much travel, especially internationally, i just wanted to pose a question.

are you losing, breaking even or making a profit out of this experience financially?

i know the benefits in your own performance would have to be profitable, but was curious about the financial side

good luck for the rest of the year

craig

Craig

To be honest I am able to keep to such a schedule due to some serious commitment to the sport (gave up my job), Track Inc. and some other silent "backers". I make money is just about every tournament I bowl especially in Australia. I want to take my game to the next level, I can't do that in Australia.

I have a great opportunity to do that now. I have have already proven to myself that I can make money and be successful overseas. I feel with fulltime training and bowling it can only mean bigger and better things.

I have support and have given away my fulltime position with L'Oreal to pursue this dream. I now only bowl! Hey if things fall over in 6 months time I can say I gave it a go but I'm pretty determined to make this work and Cara proved to us all at the AO that it is not about revs to win tournaments (I have also seen this overseas), its about accuracy and repetition.

There are alot of things planned to assist me in my travels, keep tuned for more things to come. To give you some inside info, check out www.georgefrilingos.com in the next 6 weeks which will give my friends and family an insight on what it is like to bowl overseas including diary entries, photos. interviews and stories ie. Life as a travelling bowler.

Enough for now, looking forward to Sydney in 2 weeks.

G

cheers for that george, much appreciated, if by chance you get any more information on anymore tourns could you post it on here please. I mean I know I aint the worlds best bowler, and am probbly no where near the level to compete with the likes of you and mack etc and win but I figure it cant do any worse for my game, and the fact is I am trying to take my game up another level too, to the stage where that is my livelhood liek you. it my be just a pipe dream but I figure if I do "watse" my money in going in these things I will soon starting winning the and getting something back.

Id probably suggest testing yourself on the Australian Circuit first to see if you are competitive here before spending the bigger bucks and going overseas. Just a thought ...

lol spose i shoud have mentioned that before, I am going to attempt to do all if not as many of the super six tourns next yr, but because I was planning on travelling next yr to visit some family and friends, so i was seeing also what was around that i coudl do while travelling. but thank you for the advice lol. god i am a twat lol

Back
Top Bottom