Abralon/Brunswick Pads

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
As most people would know, a lot of companies are using Abralon for the finishing of their bowling balls. Brunswick has come out with their own pads, which are the same as Abralon made by Sia Abrasives, called Siaair.

Now as everyone that uses the Abralon pads knows, they are not the cheapest thing around. Brunswick have their pricing around the same mark to be competitive.

Well, these are the things I have found between the 2 different pads....

The Siaair pads last longer! About 4 times longer than the Abralon. The finishes are identical. The Siaair pads have more grits in their range for more versatility.

But here's the even better news....

Not one store in Hobart (that I've queried) carries Abralon.... some haven't even heard of it! The Siaair pads I can get from basically any automotive paint supply company, and what's even better? The price.

One company I rang can get every grit, which is about 9 ranging from 320 to 4000. How's about half the price at least!

I'm sure guys on the mainland would have more sources than I would, so you might be able to get even better prices.

Check them out.... They're brilliant!

Yeah I've been using Sia pads for a while. Are you using the red or Yellow ones? Yellow is diamond, red is same as abralon.

The yellow ones last about 10-15 times longer than abralon. They are a little more expensive, but because the cut is so clean, it's easier to complete the "skip step" resurfacing that most manufacturers recommend these days and create a flawless finish with no ugly sand lines. The 1k pad even after 20 balls or so still easily cuts through polish in around 10seconds on a spinner, and can be used by hand too.

My boss stocks the Siaair velvet which are the red ones, can do a good price for anyone interested if you find them hard to locate

If anyone is interested the red ones are selling on ebay for $5.50 pretty good price. the item number is 120524230728

I split packs into any grit or amount you want ! Might cost a fraction extra but at least you dont have to buy a pack of 10 when 1 lasts you a while !

Back
Top Bottom