A plea to AMF Regional Office Victoria.

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
Just wondering when will AMF spend some money to improve our bowling lanes and the players area especially the scoring monitors? It's not funny when half way through the game, screen/ monitors plays up and many a times not scoring or lost the games completely. Worst part is our bowlers were asked to bowl the games all over again. Not funny! Brand new ball coming back with deep scratch and few other lane issues.
You have to justify to our bowlers the reason to increase our game rates every year. I know and am very thankful to our local Managers who bend backwards to help us to do the best they can but as the saying goes..... you can only milk an old cow so much!! We are losing bowlers because your opposition is spending money to improve their lanes!! Please help :)

Regards,

Alex Krishnan

I would agree with you there mate... I often bowl at boronia, however to return my ball getting scratch.... and the oil coniditon or lane condition really need to be cruical improvements such areas!!

Daniel Morphett

Be carefull what you ask for if we try asking for all the probs at dandy to be fixed they would probably find it cheaper to just close the centre and be done with it, Although I do agree some things do req attention IE: scoring and Brunswick machines that keep destroying balls.

I have known that Northcote and Ed Flemington Lanes Closed down in Victoria... Hopefully no more of any to be closed down!!! keep bowling going!!!!

I have known that Northcote and Ed Flemington Lanes Closed down in Victoria... Hopefully no more of any to be closed down!!! keep bowling going!!!!

Northcote closed due to AMF owning the land and that being against their policy of leasehold rather than freehold premises. Besides they picked up a tidy sum for the site.

Ed Fleming Lanes closed due to the sites owners deciding they wanted to get more out of the return on investment on the site so they went with a more conventional retail mix.

Now when centres start closing due to the inability for them to be maintained to an acceptable standard for league bowlers that is when we need to start worrying not before.

Chadstone has acted on complaints from bowlers about the constant problems leagues were experiencing recently but the bottom line is the bowl can only do what Macquarie Leisure allow them to do.

We are in an age when the powers at be would rather us, league bowlers that is, or rather league bowlers of pre Macquarie Leisure owned AMF days, did not exist.

Hey Alex the best thing to do is direct your feedback directly to the Regional Office rather than through a post on this forum, or ensure your grievances are recorded for the thousandth time at the bowl, heads are not made of stone but sometimes with Macquarie people you are left to wonder.

Maybe it would be wise to speak with Lloyd (Vic Regional Manager) and see what AMF can put in place for the league bowlers.:rolleyes:

Ask and you shall receive. I can confirm now that Amf Knox will be getting some new monitors next month. Thanks to the powers for listening to us.

Alex

there is a TBA emblem on every door on all amf centres, they are doing this for what reason???? its a good place to bowl, but.....

Seeing as you are a Timelord I think you should stand at the bottom with your time machine and and transport us and our gear to the top :p

Oh bugger! Does this mean then I shall have to continue to run up the stairs every week to shut the lift door properly so it will come down for my gear?

Back
Top Bottom