a ball drillers in great brisbane area

Little Weed

You don't realise the damage you can do to someone's reputation and business by putting comments like yours in an open forum. They read as if you were having a snipe and they did sound personal.

The fact you could not get Gavin in the hours you wanted does not make him a bad driller either.

And only 2 balls? Amongst the thousands of successful drillings Gavin has had over the years, does 2 make him a bad driller, even if they were not to your exacting standards?......I think not !

No style and no speed, you might as well have punched them out in the shed at home..........

Lastly, the topic was for a good driller in Brisbane, not somewhere for people to have a beef. You must be young...........

Max

Well, well, well.The serial complainant strikes again.But this time it seems you have back pedalled.I can remember Gavin spending hours on end for you and Jim, pandering to your evey whim.And Jim once told him, at last he had a ball he could throw down the lane properly after Gavin drilled an oval thumb for him,on that dinosaur of a drill press.Something not to many drillers could achieve!
His expertise has gained respect throughout the bowling community,especially this side of town.He has accomplished more as a ball driller than you will as a bowler.Gavin has drilled more bowling equipment used to shoot 300s, for tournament wins, State team members, ATBSO team members, and youth team members...........than you've had hot dinners.
So.............on behalf of all the bowlers that have had their equipment drilled by Gavin at Richlands, who by the way is available to drill on demand, and at Redcliffe,( and that will be a treat for all to see...........he is working up there on Sunday),we give you an even lower ranking than zero out of 10, as a bowler.
P.S. You did leave on less than amicable terms!And yes your attack on Gavin was unwarranted and completely disrespectful.

Little Weed said:
The Forum is for everybody to air their opinion - but not to be insulting and abusive if the people placing the posts do not agree with YOUR opinion Mr Graham (and please....dont put the "thin skin" excuse for a reply this time) ;)

So you are allowed to give Gavin a 0/10 and that he isnt a good driller (which is your opinion) but I can't give you my opinion ? If you want to say my opinion sucks feel free - that's ok - at least you have enough guts to put your name to it. If you didn't then it would be removed. That's pretty much the only rules around here.

Basically - if you can't handle the heat, don't start the fire!!

I guess, deaf leftie, that I should let people know who Gavin at Richlands is.
He is a regional technician.Looks after several bowling centres, maintenance wise.That also includes the proshop at Richlands.
Does Brando do that..............NO, does Rudy have the same workload.........NO! What about Laurie at Caboolture? I didn't think so.
I have nothing against these Pro-shop operators at all.They are all very good, in their own right, and I know that Gavin has the utmost respect for them as well,but considering what Gavin is subject to and considering his commitments, he is just as good!

It seems if you have an honest opinion peeps give you shit back. And if you continue you might find that you have been banned!!! When admin gets involved...

Get over it he has an opinion,he has to live with it..........

Gavin is brilliant! Graham recommended him to me a couple of years ago and I have never had a problem with him or his drilling. He does an absolutely fantastic job and is always friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I can't believe what an uproar there has been on here about it as I have never heard anything but praise for him from others!

Yeah sure everyone has their own opinion, but when it discredits a fantastic driller, just cos you didnt specify your fussy specs, doesnt mean you can come on and bag gavin, i have had balls drilled by many drillers, and i wouldnt let anyone else drill my gear, actually, i even said to max from bowling balls australia to send all clients to gavin cos he was soo damn good.

And im pretty sure a driller can only perform what you ask them to do, if someone like gavin hasnt done something for your gear it means that you didnt tell him to, hes not a bloody psychic

End of Rant

Shaz Miller

Little Weed said:
Tom at Aspley is one of the few ball drillers around who actually watches you bowl before drilling a ball for you. Definitely worth talking to, he knows what he is doing.

Laurie Hill at Caboolture is excellent, particularly with Hammer gear.

Gavin at Richlands - sorry Gav, 0/10 have just had my gear re-drilled and now it works for me.

Vaughan White - excellent - somebody please "adopt" him so he can get back to ball drilling in a centre with the right drilling equipment.

All AMF managers are supposed to be able to drill balls, I thought.

Don't forget though that you need to know how you want the ball drilled and what you want it to do, the ball drillers are not mind readers.

vaughan white eh i havent seen him for about 8 - 9 years didnt know he was still in the industry i remember working at lawnton bowl as a scumbag junior " lane technician " lol
and bowling against him good to hear he has stayed with it and is a good ball driller from what i see !

I personally dont know Gavin but from what I have read of him jsut now I would say he would be a decent guy to go see if you need some equipment drilled.
I personally would not take any balls to be drilled by Rudy at Chermside I think he is now, I know a couple of people who have had balls drilled in a ridiculous manner by him.

In my honest opinion, I would either take a trip to Toowoomba and see Kevin Firth if you want your bowling balls expertly and perfectly drilled every time. That is if you dont mind travelling a little. I wouldnt blame you if you didnt want to though, not with how much it would cost these days! :D

Ubby,
You were very quick to condemn Rudy, but have you ever had a ball drilled by him? Obviously not. Do you even know the guy? Doubtful.
Rudy is a great ball driller. He is the only person who has ever got my equipment right, and he is an all round good guy.
I have had 4 300's from balls he has drilled for me, and know of countless others. Does that make him a BAD ball driller?
People have preferences and have opinions but I find that people are quick to condemn ball drillers without knowing just how much there is to drilling a ball.
Ball drilling is an art, a very technical art.
You can have a ball drilled for you, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that it will work for you.
But YOU can make it work for YOU.
Think about it.

Oh dear here we go again, firstly chris is exactly right, it is an art a very tough one, and rudy is a damn good driller, and i cant reiterate this enough that sometimes people have odd axis's or thumb holes etc and not evey ball driller is psychic as much as wed love them to be, and to say someones a bad drilller from something like that is preposterous,

Different drillers do it different ways, so some drillers suit different bowlers, for example I prefer Gavin at Richlands, others prefer Rudy, and others go to wherever is best for them whether it be Brando Zane Que (as they are very popular) or wherever.

And despite the fact i find it hard to beleive that rudy didnt drill a ball properly cos hes damn good, im sure if something didnt feel right, he would fix it for you.

Tom Scarborough at Aspley is very good, as Little Weed said he will watch you bowl first & then he'll talk to you about what you want the ball to do etc & then he'll drill it from there.

Tom takes alot of time to interact with the bowlers & will always check up with you to see how things are going & if you're happy with the ball.

He just redrilled my Hammer Big Deal & it's working a treat now :p

The only driller I know out of those is Rudy, because he used to work at Village Bowl in SA (assuming it's Turoczi). I was pretty disappointed in the last ball he drilled for me, 5-6 years back. Had other more important people in the shop, didn't pay much attention... ended up drilling something completely unsuited to how I threw my shot. Instead of a ball for oil, I got a turd that wandered down the lane and flopped over :eek: YMMV.

I disagree, I have had 3 balls done by Rudy in the past and 2 new ones being done at this moment. I am very happy with his work and advice, particularly so as I am right handed and bowl off the right foot. He has set me up with a full compliment of bowling balls that I can take to any lane and have a high standard of reliabilty.......the rest is my doing.......

Rudy is a great driller! He drilled up some gear for me for the first time about 4 months ago now, since then, i almost made all stars at president sheild (missed by 6 pins) after i missed making my own team earlier in the year, bowled a 300 game in the ken mills kup, and increase my average 10 pins in league and about 20 pins in tournaments. One of the things i believe rudy is strongest at are the lay outs of his balls, all my ebonite gear is amazing, with a great variance in the reactions and rolls of each ball. I would recommend him to anyone, and for all those people who say that hate him, and have never even had a ball drilled by him (ie Adam) then maybe u need to experience what a real ball driller can do for u!
Hamish

Stuart Little said:
Rudy is a great driller! He drilled up some gear for me for the first time about 4 months ago now, since then, i almost made all stars at president sheild (missed by 6 pins) after i missed making my own team earlier in the year, bowled a 300 game in the ken mills kup, and increase my average 10 pins in league and about 20 pins in tournaments. One of the things i believe rudy is strongest at are the lay outs of his balls, all my ebonite gear is amazing, with a great variance in the reactions and rolls of each ball. I would recommend him to anyone, and for all those people who say that hate him, and have never even had a ball drilled by him (ie Adam) then maybe u need to experience what a real ball driller can do for u!
Hamish

Nowhere in my post did I say that I hate Rudy. I was merely passing comment on some of the drilling I have seen of his. All I was doing was passing comment on his drilling. Surely having my own opinion based on visual evidence isnt forbidden...
And I believe that went to Rudy because you were unhappy with the drilling you got in Toowoomba am I right? So really you are of the same opinion of Kevin Firths drilling as I am of Rudys so if you would be so kind as to not post comments that make it sound like what I said was a personal attack on Rudy...

RaYmOnStInG69 said:
It seems if you have an honest opinion peeps give you shit back. And if you continue you might find that you have been banned!!! When admin gets involved...
Get over it he has an opinion,he has to live with it..........

Having an opinion is fine. Making posts that could hurt someones reputation is not. Even though Little Weed claims that was not his intention it was still an irresponsible post. Time he took a break from the hydros.

Vaughn White has drilled all our gear to date and I couldn't be happier. He was recommended to us by Brando and I have total faith in his word. However, now it seems he hasn't got a place to drill balls anymore. Very regrettable and as most here are giving Gavin raps I may try him next.

Theres a fella on the Gold Coast Ross Whitbourne, hes just drilled out my gear and re did all my thumb slugs. He did a great job. Im of the believe its really hard to find a driller thats suits you and when you get one you stick with em.
Ross will be doing all mine from now on.

Ive been pretty lucky in the Past with blokes like Jim Ferguson and Fred Sulivan looking after my gear. But to be honest ive found ross just as good.

Back
Top Bottom