a ball drillers in great brisbane area

deaf lefty

deaf lefty
Can tell what name of driller is ?

Caboolture Bowl,Stanthpine Bowl,AMF Redcliffe Bowl, Aspley Bowl, Chermside Hyderdrome, Kedron Bowl on Northern Brisbane area

Amf Canon Hill Bowl or Amf Capalba Bowl on the Eastern Brisbane area.

Milton Bowl, Ipswich Superbowl and AMF Richland Bowl on the Western Brisbane area.

AMF Greensloples Lanes, AMF Mt Gravatt Lanes, Mt Warren Bowl, Brown Plains Bowl and Logan City bowl on the Southern Brisbane area

TOTAL 16 BOWLING CENTRES AROUND THE GREAT BRISBANE AREA.

cheers deaf lefty :D

If you'd prefer to travel a little Zane Que in Toowoomba is great. Milton has Harold Fryer, Harry's currently drilling for a couple of bowlers I know and they are more than pleased with the results.

Brando on the sunshine coast is the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

From Milton Harold Fryer is a legend in bowling...neva made a mistake...Richlands is Gavin...hes pretty damn good also...neva made a mistake with my ball i had him do when i first started fingertip

Brando is the man if u want it done right..................... ;)

Lawrie Hill is at Caboolture....have had no problems with him drilling our stuff since we've been in Brisbane

Vaughan White is pretty good also - though too bad he doesn't have access to the drills anymore :(

I would strongly suggest Rudy T at Chermside. I went to him about 3 months ago, and he's set me up with great gear, and drilled then up perfectly. He really takes the time to talk to u to find out what is comfortable for u

Tom at Aspley is one of the few ball drillers around who actually watches you bowl before drilling a ball for you. Definitely worth talking to, he knows what he is doing.

Laurie Hill at Caboolture is excellent, particularly with Hammer gear.

Gavin at Richlands - sorry Gav, 0/10 have just had my gear re-drilled and now it works for me.

Vaughan White - excellent - somebody please "adopt" him so he can get back to ball drilling in a centre with the right drilling equipment.

All AMF managers are supposed to be able to drill balls, I thought.

Don't forget though that you need to know how you want the ball drilled and what you want it to do, the ball drillers are not mind readers.

I tell you what, If your after a great ball driller, you can not go past Harold at Milton. He is better than most and has some of the best bowlers going to him for re-drilling old balls as well as new balls, as well as ball drillings that have been less than desirable from others !!!

You give gavin 0/10. This suprises me as you were more than happy with his drilling for many months, Scoring well. What changed? certainly not the drilling. Gavin has many years experience & has drilled for several of our best bowlers. Carol Giannoti comes to Gavin when she is in Queensland to get equipment drilled or adjusted. I would listen to her opinion over a disgrutled ex-employee.

I have had four balls drilled by Lawrie Hill and they have all been great. They react as I want them to and all feel the same. I have would thoroughly recommend him to any one.

Also, I too have heard nothing but good things about Mr Fryer as well.

Little Weed said:
Gavin at Richlands - sorry Gav, 0/10 have just had my gear re-drilled and now it works for me.

Little Weed you are on drugs .. so it's Gavins fault that you couldnt throw the gear ?

I had Gavin drill my gear for years when I was bowling. He would spend plenty of time with me and talk over exactly how I wanted the ball to react, what conditions the ball would be used etc etc, then drill it and the ball would work. Ive also recommended him to others who still use him to drill their gear to this day. If I had a problem I would take it back to him to get him to fix it (never anything major - just ongoing work for my exact specifications LOL)

To give Gavin 0/10 just shows you have no idea.

If I was him, i'd be glad you went elsewhere. Sounds more like a case of user error and a bowler with no idea looking for someone else to blame other than themselves. Give yourself 0/10 - YOU IDIOT!

Couldnt of said it better myself Graham. Gavin Drills all my gear and havent had any of problems ever. I send a lot of people gavins way and they dont complain, I think your gripe with AMF should be left outside this Forum.

Little Weed said:

Don't forget though that you need to know how you want the ball drilled and what you want it to do, the ball drillers are not mind readers.

A little bit each way there?

I have only ever heard great things about Gavin's work, in fact, we have no hesitation at all in sending our clients to Gavin for drilling - no complaints at all as of yet and we don't expect any either.

Keep an eye out for some exciting news re Gavin & Richlands.

I am not a disgruntled ex-employee at all, I left AMF on good terms.

And Gavin only drilled the 2 balls for me, no more. Sure, the balls fitted my hand ok, but they were not drilled to suit my style (or lack of it) or my speed (or lack of it). If I buy a new ball its usual to get it drilled straight away, whereas Gav was hard to arrange a time with because he did not work in the evening or at the weekend. He may do now, but this was 2 years ago.

Everybody has their own preference for ball drillers, nothing personal was intended, and I wasnt having a snipe, just giving my personal opinion.

Yep, I am an idiot, to put honest posts on the forum and get abused by the moderator, what is fair about that.

Little Weed said:
Yep, I am an idiot, to put honest posts on the forum and get abused by the moderator, what is fair about that.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion ?

The Forum is for everybody to air their opinion - but not to be insulting and abusive if the people placing the posts do not agree with YOUR opinion Mr Graham (and please....dont put the "thin skin" excuse for a reply this time) ;)

Back
Top Bottom