2014 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 2014-Unique Format-$4350 Prize Money

I think no change. The Idea of this has been sound for 7years. It aint broke dont fix.

However I do like mick's idea. Though I am a little worried how those 12 entry fee would be determined. Dont think its fair paying the full entry to be knocked out at perhaps 4-6 games. May need to look at that.

I have to agree if it's been this good for 7 years why change it.

Next year look at changing the format, if there is the much interest.

I think option b is the most similar to the original format, that would be my preference if a change was made..

Alternatively, you could start the day with a short qualifying stage to determine the top 32 then run it as normal

This is by far the best idea ever. If you bowl 9 games of pre qualification on the Saturday after noon. (you could even do 3 games on each pattern) You only need to attract another 12 more bowlers to cover what the extra linage would be. Everybody would be bowling the 9 games minimum. And the cut would be very generous.

And I do believe that teams have to pre qualify for the soccer world cup? So this would be more like that then?

I would like to thank everyone for their support of this event and most events we run here at Caboolture, I believe the event should stay as advertised, if a change was to be made I believe B is the best option. Nathan and Andrew will post next Friday if a change is to be made so please keep leaving your feed back for them. If anybody wants to pay a deposit as a paid reserve you can do so and if we have spots become available we will take them in order of deposits, yes they will be refunded if not used.

Cheers

Batesy

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
2. Lawrie "Animal" Hill (2010 Champion)
3. Mark Davidson
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Aaron Midgley
6. Ben Turner
7. Dave Kirby
8. Ryan Edgar
9. Daan Wijker
10. Chris Turner
11. Brodie Rountree
12. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
13. Bianca Flanagan
14. Brett Laird
15. Jay Palmer
16. Jeff Butler
17. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
18. Tony Wrzosek
19. Bradley Kleidon
20. Sam Cooley
21. Alicia Melton
22. Morty Douglass
23. Brad Hales
24. Tony Hamilton
25. Tamara Harmsworth
26. Andrew Clark
27. Michael Tomicek
28. Jason Clark
29. Tegan Meads
30. Mick Brunhierl
31. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)
32. Rob Kaluci

Names in Bold have secured their spot with a deposit

Deposits will not be refunded unless your spot is filled

Reserves

1st Res. Rikki Ried
2nd Res. Jon King
3rd Res. Jason Scott
4th Res. Michael Myers
5th Res. Jordan Bunphim
6th Res. Adam Willersdorf
7th Res. Craig Gibbs
8th Res. Jay Choi
9th Res. Julius Park
10th Res. Brad yang
11th Res. Charles Koh
12th Res. Jeffrey Gortmans

If anyone wishes to pay a deposit, this will secure you ahead of anyone that hasn't paid or nominated. If you do not get a start the deposit will be refunded to the bowler.

Please contact Caboolture Bowl if wishing to secure your reserve spot. Bowlers will be recorded in order of deposits.

Feedback is still welcome on the on going suggestions. This is just an update after confirmations from Caboolture Bowl
Stat of the week - Event posted 2330 Hrs on Fri Nov 1st / Event fully filled with all deposits by 2130 Hrs on Thur Nov 7th -
5 Days 22 Hours !!!!! Fantastic

Regards Nathan

Nathan and andrew.
Just a thought.
If we were able to attract 20 more bowlers. Have 2 sides of the draw. Run it similar to a tennis grand slam. Over 2 days. Wouldnt need to change the format. 2 sides would run the world cup format. With the final being decided between the winners of each side of the draw.
Any thoughts guys

I think option b is the go. if that is happening I am happy to pay deposit upon confirmation. awesome work guys to get an event fill up so fast. is a great format and missed out last year I think in the same circumstances. would love to have a go. see what happens but I would like option b if possible.

jase

Nathan and andrew.
Just a thought.
If we were able to attract 20 more bowlers. Have 2 sides of the draw. Run it similar to a tennis grand slam. Over 2 days. Wouldnt need to change the format. 2 sides would run the world cup format. With the final being decided between the winners of each side of the draw.
Any thoughts guys

That is a pretty big IF and asking an awful lot. In previous years we had to go chasing bowlers in the we hours on the night before the tournament. Last year I think we had 7 drop outs & replacements within the week prior to the tournament. It becomes really frustrating and a little rude to call people that late or that very early in the morning. I do not wish to do that again.

Just because 44 names are down now does not mean all would bowl. Let alone finding 20 more. Also there a lot of other factors involved that really don't need to be discussed right now. And this is a tournament where having 47 or 53 is simply not good enough. This then creates further problems for us on the day with prize money, byes, time differences on pairs and many other things.

Appreciate the thought Brad but if we can stick to the options listed for now that would be appreciated. I'm glad it's popular but going to 64 will not work unfortunately. Thanks for the thought though.

Kind Regards Nathan

That is a pretty big IF and asking an awful lot. In previous years we had to go chasing bowlers in the we hours on the night before the tournament. Last year I think we had 7 drop outs & replacements within the week prior to the tournament. It becomes really frustrating and a little rude to call people that late or that very early in the morning. I do not wish to do that again.

Just because 44 names are down now does not mean all would bowl. Let alone finding 20 more. Also there a lot of other factors involved that really don't need to be discussed right now. And this is a tournament where having 47 or 53 is simply not good enough. This then creates further problems for us on the day with prize money, byes, time differences on pairs and many other things.

Appreciate the thought Brad but if we can stick to the options listed for now that would be appreciated. I'm glad it's popular but going to 64 will not work unfortunately. Thanks for the thought though.

Kind Regards Nathan

No problem Nathan. Just a thought that came. I understand the frustration of those pulling out.
I do stand by my original thought of keep it as is.
Just saw the popularity and began to dream I suppose.

Kind Regards Nathan

All the more reason to run a pre qualification before. People that make match play are more likely to show up. There's no reason why there couldn't be 50-60 bowlers challenging for the final 32 spots on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom