2014 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 2014-Unique Format-$4350 Prize Money

I have to join the world cup competition
1. Jay Choi
2. Julius Park
3. Brad yang
4. Charles Koh

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
2. Lawrie "Animal" Hill (2010 Champion)
3. Mark Davidson
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Aaron Midgley
6. Ben Turner
7. Dave Kirby
8. Ryan Edgar
9. Daan Wijker
10. Chris Turner*
11. Brodie Rountree
12. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
13. Bianca Flanagan
14. Brett Laird
15. Jay Palmer
16. Jeff Butler
17. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)*
18. Tony Wrzosek
19. Bradley Kleidon
20. Sam Cooley
21. Alicia Melton
22. Morty Douglass
23. Brad Hales
24. Tony Hamilton
25. Tamara Harmsworth
26. Andrew Clark*
27. Michael Tomicek
28. Jason Clark*
29. Tegan Meads*
30. Mick Brunhierl*
31. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)*
32. Rob Kaluci*

Names in Bold have secured their spot with a deposit

* Awaiting confirmation from Batesy - 8 Bowlers !

Reserves

33. Rikki Ried
34. Jon King
35. Jason Scott
36. Michael Myers
37. Jordan Bunphim
38. Adam Willersdorf
39. Craig Gibbs
40. Jay Choi
41. Julius Park
42. Brad yang
43. Charles Koh
44. Jeffrey Gortmans

Regards Nathan

To all our fellow bowlers and hopefuls who still wish to bowl this event next year. As we have had a record number of responses in very quick time to next years Queensland World Cup of Champions, we are in an unusual spot at possibly finding a way to accommodate more bowlers. The thread/entries for the QWC have been up literally less than a week and we already have a sold out field of 32 bowlers plus deposits (pending confirmations).

Both Andrew and myself now wish to open up a few suggestion that we may or may not do for the 2014 event. Could those bowlers who have already paid and those who wish to bowl please leave their feedback over the next week, this then will allow Andrew and myself to make a decision whether or not we extend the field for 2014.

Option A ) - Leave the tournament as it is with no alterations. 32 Bowlers + 4 reserves. No Changes

Option B ) - Extend the field to 48 / Bowl in 8 groups of 6 (not 4) / Bowl everyone in your group twice on 2 different patterns (10 games min (14 max)) / Same starting time finishing by 5pm

Option C ) - Extend the field to 48 / Bowl in 8 groups of 6 (not 4) / Bowl everyone in your group three times on 3 different patterns (15 games (15 games min (19 max)) / Bowl 5 games on Saturday, then 10 games on Sunday + finals - Time could either be Morning , Lunch or afternoon on the Saturday. Sunday would be the same Starting time as advertised with finishing by 5pm

Option D ) - Extend the field to 48 / Bowl in 8 groups of 6 (not 4) / Bowl everyone in your group three times on 3 different patterns (15 games min (19 max)) / Check-In by 7:30 (or 6:30), finishing by 7pm (or 6pm)

Facts *TBC

The entry fee would not go up !
The min games would go up !
The prize fund placing's would not increase if 15 games were bowled !
The prize fund placing's may increase if only 10 games were bowled !
Prize money will be added for 17th-24th, but it would be less then the entry fee (Payout still 1:2) if 15 games bowled!
Prize money would be entry fee back for 17th -24th if 10 games bowled (Payout still 1:2 with entry fee or higher return) !
Length of time to bowl will be a lot longer !
The overall format will not change, only whether you bowl everyone 2 times instead of 3 !
The cut would still be the top 2 in each group !

Things to consider *TBC

Do you wish to bowl longer ?
Do you want to finish later ?
Are you available if it goes over to 2 days ?
Could you bowl up to 14 games or up to 19 Games in a day ?
Remember there is a break between Q1/Q2/Q3/ etc ?

Please give your both positive & negative thoughts on the above suggestions as well as which choice you prefer. Again at this stage IT IS ONLY A SUGGESTION, nothing will happen without a complete discussion between Andrew, myself, Caboolture Bowl (Availability) and a large majority support from you the bowlers.

We appreciate your feedback, that is why we are asking for your thoughts. You've made this successful for 7 years without you we wouldn't have this unique event.

Kind Regards Nathan & Andrew

I think option b is the most similar to the original format, that would be my preference if a change was made..

Alternatively, you could start the day with a short qualifying stage to determine the top 32 then run it as normal

I think no change. The Idea of this has been sound for 7years. It aint broke dont fix.

However I do like mick's idea. Though I am a little worried how those 12 entry fee would be determined. Dont think its fair paying the full entry to be knocked out at perhaps 4-6 games. May need to look at that.

Back
Top Bottom