2013 Nationals

According to TBA official at Nationals AMF have till end November to decide if they putting up the $100k and pick centre. If they dont then TBA will put out for tenders and centre will be announced in February.

How long have AMF been the naming rights sponsor for the masters now? Would be a shame for the sport if they pulled the pin

Virginia-based AMF announced the bankruptcy filing and the agreement on Tuesday morning.
The agreement is with a majority of the company's first lien lenders and the landlord of a majority of its bowling centres.
AMF said in a statement it expects to complete the restructuring and leave Chapter 11 in about five months.
The company says the restructuring will eliminate a significant amount of outstanding debt.
Chief financial officer and chief operating officer Steve Satterwhite says the company needs financial flexibility to improve its bowling centres and make other long-term investments.
Bowling centres will continue normal operations during the restructuring.

Is that AMF in the USA? (just guessing from the Virginia part), as AMF in Australia is owned by Ardent Leisure Group i believe........

Virginia-based AMF announced the bankruptcy filing and the agreement on Tuesday morning.
The agreement is with a majority of the company's first lien lenders and the landlord of a majority of its bowling centres.
AMF said in a statement it expects to complete the restructuring and leave Chapter 11 in about five months.
The company says the restructuring will eliminate a significant amount of outstanding debt.
Chief financial officer and chief operating officer Steve Satterwhite says the company needs financial flexibility to improve its bowling centres and make other long-term investments.
Bowling centres will continue normal operations during the restructuring.

While this is interesting reading, it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. The AMF Australia section of the company was sold off several years ago and is now a separate entity. AMF Australia is currently owned by Ardent Leisure, which is owned by Macquarie Leisure Operations, which also own Dreamworld.

It's not the first time AMF in the US have filed for chapter 11...

Happened about 10 years IIRC.

Tenders have gone out to all centres, across all states for 2013 Nationals. It will only be a matter of time...my money was on WA but not so sure now... :confused:

Can I ask a stupid question? If it costs $100000 to win tender, what do the centres stand to make back from the tournament?

Isn't this merely reverting to previous nationals? Until AMF and Rooty Hill 'broke the mould', would not any Centre or Centres holding the nationals have looked at the likely linage: the income likely to be generated: the surplus over normal linage income: pay prizemoney out of that, leaving a better than normal income for the Centre?
Everyone happy ?!?! or unhappy ?!?! - according to your expectations?

Yep Jim not criticizing just asking the question.... Is it a money-making tournament?
Yes mate - not arguing -- just contributing. As far as an independent Centre goes, I really can't see that they would have any option but to profit from it. Small business of just about any type, aint no easy road.

Wonder what numbers of entries you would need to make money....? I have completely no idea, I'd love to see it in qld though

Not good enough. This should have been resolved as soon as AMF pulled out.
Nationals need to be fixed for at least 3 years in advance and there should be a backup plan in hand to allow for venue changes.
Do we actually know that AMF have pulled out? I havent read this anywhere..

Do we actually know that AMF have pulled out? I havent read this anywhere..
Interesting question. Do we actually know ANYTHING ? Wouldn't be the worst thing TBA has ever done, if it were to bring us up to date on what is happening, on it's website. Can't see any reason why not.

Back
Top Bottom