2011 SA Classic Results

Thanks Brenton, I didn't know that and I must admit I'm surprised. Mike Seymour said the pattern for Guam in Nov will be released in Sept.

Cheers

Nowhere near as surprised as I was when I saw the Manila pattern Greg. Even until we arrived at the first practice session, I still believed that a tougher pattern would be laid (which has happened at past FIQ's), but the pattern that was relayed to us was indeed the patern we played on for the entire tournament.

Well, I for one thought it was great. Sure, it wasn't the thoughest pattern I've ever bowled on, but that's fine.
Anyone who bowled in the Aust Seniors in Melbourne this year would agree that wasn't real hard either.
Geelong though? Not really.
From my point of view, as seniors, I believe we don't need to be bowling on the pattern set for Rachuig, or adult majors.
Surely, its about enjoyment of the sport we all love. And the companionship of eachothers company.
Like Brenton said, the Village pattern was pretty close the Manila pattern, although Manila may have been even easier.

I'd like to thank Tony and the Tournament staff, the sponsors, and the staff of Village Bowl for putting on such an enjoyable tournament. I had a great time (and not just because of my 300) and look forward to coming over to the 2012 event.

Thanks again to all!

Hi Tony, thanks for the chance to comment. First of all I had a great time as I always do at this tourny, well run, and lot's of good old mates for a chat and a stir. Yes I had a small cry about the super dry outside, hey that's me, I think this pattern helped as many as it hurt. The main thing I would like to see would be a lower ratio, say 5:1 to 7:1 with same vol, this would still allow for good scoring and also allow the oil to hang around a bit longer, as it encourages folk to play other lines. Just mt 2 bob's worth, looking forward to next year, no mater what the pattern is:):):):):).

Gordon Robinson.

Asian Zone Seniors Championships = 2007 --- Suzuka --- 7:1
= 2009 --- Manila --- 11:1

Surely if the Asian Tenpin Bowling Federation can realise that Senior bowling is both about being competitive and still
being able to enjoy the game, then maybe we should take a long hard look at it as well.
The sport of Tenpin bowling in Australia is in rapid decline, but HELLO, Seniors bowling is on the ascendency.
Everyone scoffs at us Seniors because they reckon we are just there to enjoy ourselves, and are not competitive.
If you think that you are very, very mistaken, and have been sadly misled. Whilst I will admit to being the " VILLAGE IDIOT "
at all venues, If you think for one minute that I`m not competitive when I get up to deliver that ball, Then I`m telling
you, I have a very distinct advantage over you before we start. Seniors bowling in Australia is going from strength
to strength, so we must be doing something right. The detractors in the actual seniors ranks are very few,
END OF RANT.

well run tournament Tony. Congrats all round to you, your team, and the centre & team, and most importantly
The SPONSORS. I enjoyed it ( minus the Pain would have been better ) and I hope I can make the TENTH.

ANIMAL

Back
Top Bottom