2011 BATHURST PITSTOP - RESULTS

2011 Bathurst Pitstop Match Play Results after 7 - With correct averages

Attachments

• Pitstop 2011 Match Play - After 7.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 11
I agree jarrod!!! Why bother announcing that the tournament is going to abide by TBA rules and then not follow through on them. It's ridiculous, if bowlers decided that they wanted to go out for a smoke or have a few drinks while bowling, would that have been ok??? I don't think so!!!

2011 Bathurst Pitstop Match Play FINAL STANDINGS
CONGRATULATIONS
1st Christian Purdue
2nd Dale Fitzgerald
3rd Jason Osborne

Attachments

• Pitstop 2011 Match Play - FINAL STANDING.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 82
It was the tournament directors decision to allow him to bowl, Jason did ring and let them know that he maybe a couple of minutes late. It's not as if Jason was coming for around the corner, he was coming from Manildra which is about 90-100kms away and with road works on the highway between Orange and Bathurst, unexpected delays can happen. At least he had the courtesy of ringing the bowl and letting them know, not like other bowlers who put there name down for tournament and don't even bother showing up.

Congrats to Christian on his win and bowling 2 x 300's on the way, awesome bowling.

Jason's bowling good for a person who missed check in and was still allowed to bowl

Did you make your concerns known yesterday while at the tournament to the tournament director or just throwing a cheap shot onto Total Bowling after the event?

How late was he? Was it really that big of a deal?

I actually disagree with you Ron, bowlers know that there is a check in time, if they are late they should not be allowed to bowl. I feel for the person that came in 13th. The rule has always been there.

If that's the case you should have every one sink there clocks before they leave the night before not every ones has the exact time to every one else we are talking 2 minutes
Cheers Julie

i was in a tounament last year with 2 bowlers who called up and said that they were stuck in traffic and would be 5 min late. that 5 min ended up being 25 and not a word was said. i think there are circumstances that u cannot predict and thats what happened today.

I agree with you Leigh.

Forbesy, I am not sure what tournaments you bowl, but where I bowl, if you are late for a check in and there is a reserve, your out

Steven was late for the Western Open one year by 2 minutes and although not happy about it he was replaced by the 1st reserve. I'm sure there are a lot of bowlers out there with the same experience.

In the past, the tournament director would make all qualifiers sync their watches with the Bowl's Clock so there could be no excuses.

:):):)

Sorry check in must be adhered to by the clock on the wall trust me i found out the hard way , and since that damm time we don't miss check'ins (touch wood)

I agree with you Leigh.

Forbesy, I am not sure what tournaments you bowl, but where I bowl, if you are late for a check in and there is a reserve, your out
Steven was late for the Western Open one year by 2 minutes and although not happy about it he was replaced by the 1st reserve. I'm sure there are a lot of bowlers out there with the same experience.

In the past, the tournament director would make all qualifiers sync their watches with the Bowl's Clock so there could be no excuses.

:):):)

I dont disagree with the bold above

But for the pitstop did a reserve miss out?

I just think when it comes down to it if someone is 2 minutes late and it has no impact on actual start time as Scuzz suggests then it should lie with the TD to make a decision without critisism. Im not saying 15 minutes would be ok or 10, but 2?

You cant please everyone all the time but respect the decision made and move on, storm in a tea cup.

Back
Top Bottom