2011 Adult State Team Roll offs

TBAQ

please see attached briefing with regard to the Adult Team roll offs for 2011.

Attachments

• 2011 Qld Nomination summary.doc
    31 KB · Views: 206
All North Qld Bowlers are asked to boycott the Adult Roll-offs at Robina in favour of a Nth Qld Roll-off. Please support 4,so far, restricted bowlers. Thanks

All North Qld Bowlers are asked to boycott the Adult Roll-offs at Robina in favour of a Nth Qld Roll-off. Please support 4,so far, restricted bowlers. Thanks

This is the stupidest thing I've seen this year. Lucky that the South Qld bowlers didn't do this last year when the roll off was in Mackay. There would of only been 7 people show up

Geoff,

I have to Agree with Shayne, There will be only one roll off so are the southern Zone players meant to travel to North Queensland? When it was originally decided that we have one roll off it was also discussed that we alternate between southern and northern zones. I just checked Flight to Gold coast from Townsville are on at about $300. You probably go close to spending that on travel by car. you should wait for the final form before going off. After all of the Issues with the Roll off Location last year and all the posts etc etc there was very little support from the northern Zone. I think you should re-access your comment.

Cheers

Mackay was chosen because it was surprisingly the most central spot (1/2 way) in Qld.
Sth bowlers dont even have to compete this year in State Championships as a pre requisite because the State Championships are being held at Innisfail NQ. Rocky is central not Robina. Rooty Hill is closer to Brisbane than Robina is to the North. As for re-assessing my comments so far 4 possibly 5 restricted bowlers from last years team agree with me & will not be nominating.PS The adult deciding committee consists of 5 Sth Qld people & 0 Nth Qld people.

The adult deciding committee consists of 5 Sth Qld people & 0 Nth Qld people.

Well, it looks like you have little chance of getting a North Qld roll off then. It's plain and simple, travell or don't bowl.

And on a personal note. I would rather see the roll off in Mackay. I hear that there will be a large turn out at Robina, where were all these bowlers last year when we had to travell to roll off??????

Just to be perfectly clear, this post is from me as a bowler, not as a TBAQ officer.

Mackay was chosen because it was surprisingly the most central spot (1/2 way) in Qld.
Sth bowlers dont even have to compete this year in State Championships as a pre requisite because the State Championships are being held at Innisfail NQ. Rocky is central not Robina. Rooty Hill is closer to Brisbane than Robina is to the North. As for re-assessing my comments so far 4 possibly 5 restricted bowlers from last years team agree with me & will not be nominating..

Geoff,
Mackay is still 4 hrs drive from Townsville, 8 from Cairns and 10 from Brisbane. No matter where the rolloff is held there will be many who are faced with travel costs. Last year the SQ based bowlers accepted the travel requirement and supported the event. This year is our turn to travel, and having a dummy-spit about it on this forum does yourself and NQ in general no credit at all.

There has never been a requirement that bowlers must bowl State Champs - NQ bowlers have always been allowed to bowl NQ champs. Since there are no SQ champs local area champs have now been added as an option, including for NQ bowlers. As with every other year an option has been provided for bowlers at each end of the State.

PS The adult deciding committee consists of 5 Sth Qld people & 0 Nth Qld people.

So choose to be part of the solution and not the problem by putting your hand up for a position. The committee has exactly the number of NQ people on it as have nominated.

Cheers, Robbie.

Oh - and for the record I will be at Robina competing for the honour of representing MY STATE.

The adult deciding committee consists of 5 Sth Qld people & 0 Nth Qld people.

The Adult Committee is elected at the State AGM. We weren't exactly swamped with Northern based bowlers at the AGM. I dont remember the exact number I think it was around the zero mark...

MY STATE - the definitive answer from Robbie.

There will NEVER be a resolution to this dilemma - so many formats etc. have been tried for the 40 years I have been around bowling.

It is a fact of life that the state is so big - it is a fact of life that the largest number of bowlers are in the south - it is a fact of life that some bowlers will NEVER travel to either north or south so perhaps bowlers should just take the opportunity when roll offs are in your vicinity.

The best time for Rachuig (in my mind only perhaps!) was when we had a Nth. Qld. team and a Sth. Qld. team - the intrastate rivalry was second to none .... a good time was had by all. This will NOT happen again so Queensland as a whole should pull together to finish ahead of the rest.

Flower

Robbie, Sir Shinnie and Lady Flower are spot on. I am rolling off for the first time this year and I decided to long ago. I WOULD TRAVEL ANYWHERE TO BOWL FOR MY STATE!!!

Grant

Not willing to travel, not willing to bowl for all I care.. :)

On topic;
Are bowlers in the youth category still able to bowl, even if we do not qualify to be selected?

Also, a general round about figure of how much this is going to cost for the 18 games?

Geoff,
This is my opinion and not the collective view of the QLD Adult Committee

Firstly asking bowlers to boycott something does wonders for the sport of bowling doesn’t it???? You have your own personal choice to bowl or not to bowl and attempt to represent your STATE not north or south your entire STATE. If you eventually decide not to tryout you are the only person who will regret not doing it everyone else will move on, other people will roll off and will make the team. It is sad that through your own personal vendetta you are asking people to forego the opportunity of bowling at the highest level the state can offer.

Representing your state is a great honour for the few that get to do this each year. What they are representing is the entire state of QLD not a region or an area above or below an imaginary line. The northern end of the state have had and still do have fantastic bowlers that make the representative teams every year on their own hard work and merit as does the southern end. I know some people perceive there is a favouritism to the southern end but I don’t see how, as far as I am aware TBAQ provide considerable support to the northern end of the state with development programs etc. Every single bowler has the same opportunity to make the team regardless of where they live, what can be fairer than that? This year the northern players are asked to travel to a roll off in the southern end of the state. The southern end players have to travel north this year to bowl in the state championships, but I don’t see them on here or sending emails asking that everyone boycott the event as it is closer to go to Rooty Hill than Innisfail.

With regards to the composition of the committee. Andrew is correct everyone has equal opportunity again to be a part of trying to help the sport of bowling not achieve personal agendas. The AGM is held in march at TBAQ, I am sure you would not be expected to be there however I am sure you would be welcome to teleconference into the meeting and nominate for positions and committees.

I agree with what Mary and Robbie have said. We are extremely fortunate that the national body recognises the fact that we are a large state and have a lot of bowlers by providing us with the opportunity of two teams. It is constant bickering and airing of opinions on a public forum which promotes a negative image to the sport that could eventually make them decide not to have two teams from QLD, that would be a very sad day. If your angry about it go to the roll offs with a point to prove and make the team and earn the right to wear the maroon shirt with pride and honour!

Again this is my personal opinion and not that of the Adult Committee or TBAQ. I have no issues with any players from the northern end of the state or the southern end, I have and always will see it as one state and everyone is equal. I could not careless if the entire team was made up of players from one end or the other or a combination of the two so long as they are the best players that attempted to make the team, all focused with a common goal of being there for each other and winning.

Hi Ryan E,

Not Sure exactly sure if this is the answer? Youth Players can Bowl Rachuig or Restricted if they qualify on Anverage. So you could Bowl Np. Not sure on the Costing they will be out in a Few Days.

Cheers

Morty

Yeah I worded that really badly.

Im 19, and would like to bowl Rachuig or Restricted.

Am I right in saying that I cannot be selected for the QLD Adult Team as I am not of the correct age? (Or am I incorrect?)

All in all, if I can roll off without dramas, then hooray! :D

Ryan,
As long as you are 18 or more as at the date of the rolloff you can bowl Rachuig or restricted (just not seniors lol).

Hi Pilko, Please be assured this was not a vendetta against TBAQ or anybody. To understand my feelings please go back to the TBA survey done after last years Nationals. One of the biggest issues identified from this survey was the "cost involved " in representing your state. Since the survey results were made public TBAQ have, in my opinion, disregarded this concern as they are continually adding to the cost of state representation by : 1. Making it compulsory to hold Silver membership, (the first state to do so. :2. Adding the cost of a weekend State development camp.These 2 were not prerequisites in 08 & 09 for restricted level bowlers. :3 Holding roll-offs at the most southern bowling centre in Qld.Last year TBAQ chose Mackay because it was in their opinion the most central to all. I have suggested Rocky or Bundaberg for Rolloffs (also to support the towns from flood recovery) but this was laughed off as a "noble "gesture.
I have raised these concerns with people at TBAQ and advising them that the restricted level bowlers from the North prefer to have 2 locations for the roll-offs to ease the cost burden, again to no avail.
I apologise for using the word boycott it was the wrong word, maybe i could of asked the Nth bowlers to let TBAQ know how they feel about the increasing cost of state representation. As for all the loyal bowlers who posted they will bowl anywhere to represent their state i have not had ANY of them as my team mate in the last 3 Restricted Challenges so their comments hold no credibility with me. The other 3 Nth Qld bowlers i refer to are not nominating for the roll-offs due to the increased cost & not because i have asked them to boycott. I asked 1 bowler what he thought of Robina as a choice of venue & also asked him to support having a Nth roll off. At no stage did i ask him to boycott in my e-mail. Again i apologise for using the word boycott.Hope this clarifies my concerns.
Respectfully
Geoff

Geoff I think thats Exactly what you meant.. By the way just so you are aware, the decision to have a central Roll off and then alternate it between the north and South was discuss at a meeting in 2009 that was predominantly Northern Zone Bowlers. They agreed that is was fair for everyone that way. The Notes I took at that meeting were given to the Adult tournament committee. Not sure what more anyone could do?

Back
Top Bottom