2010 Game price increases

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Our local Centre has increased game prices by .25 cents for this year.
How does this compare with price increases in other centres?
Do you get any reduction for second or third Leagues?

Centre raised our game price by .20c per game.

Some leagues also voted to raise/reduce social/prize money.

No reduction for second/subsequent leagues. I imagine it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to keep track of how many leagues each bowler plays each week and then let each league treasurer know how much each bowler needs to pay for their games.

Imagine the scenario if 10% discount for second league, 20% discount for third league. 3 games per league and $5 per game (for ease of calculation)
Bowler 1 has 1 league per week: pays $15 per week
Bowler 2 has 2 leagues per week: pays $15 in first league
pays $13.50 in second league
Bowler 3 has 3 leagues per week: pays $15 in first league
pays $13.50 in second league
pays $12.00 in third league
League treasurer would need to check each week for each bowler to see if they actually bowled in the previous leagues that week before working out how much they needed to pay. Would be totally unworkable especially if subs or reserves are used.
Would be nice though to get a discount if a workable solution could be found.

No reduction for second/subsequent leagues. I imagine it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to keep track of how many leagues each bowler plays each week and then let each league treasurer know how much each bowler needs to pay for their games.

Would be nice though to get a discount if a workable solution could be found.

They could offer free practice games, so when it adds up to 10 free games give the league bowler a 10-game free card. Like a loyalty card I guess.

The centre could work this out pretty easily but it should not be up to a league treasurer to do this.

They could offer free practice games, so when it adds up to 10 free games give the league bowler a 10-game free card. Like a loyalty card I guess.

The centre could work this out pretty easily but it should not be up to a league treasurer to do this.
that sounds like a good idea!

our centres here have raised prices by 50 cents i think. we get a discount if we bowl 3 games, only costing a bowler $13, however to get that price, a bowler must be a member of the centres "club", holding a gold membership which is $50 or $25 if you have a TBA membership (regardless of which TBA membership). so therefore if a bowler here has a silver TBA membership, and wants to be part of the bowls membership program with a gold membership, it costs over $75.

About the same, think is was 20 or 30 cents a game.

:roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You are a funny man Mr Shinnie !

How does this compare with price increases in other centres?

A quarter of a cent seems pretty good to me.....;)

Hey guys, I'm not sure if you're talking about league or open bowling ( practice ). Here where I bowl they charge between 3.50-4.00 per game if you want to do it that way, during prime time. But most people just buy the 2 hr. block for 10.00, and Monday through Thursday from 10Am to 3Pm it's only 1.00 a game. As for leagues, they very depending on pay out from 15.00 to 20.00 per person per league per week. That's like it cost me 32.00 a week to bowl league, 15.00 on Saturday and 17.00 on Sunday, and both leagues are sanctioned which cost 18.00 per year. That means you must by a member of the USBC ( United States Bowling Congress) in order to bowl on that league. Now what I would like to see is a USBC member discount of 20% or so, but every time I suggest it they just laugh. Good luck and good bowling.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom