2008 Sport Series Proposed Dates...

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Hello all, the dates that are below are proposed dates for NEXT Year’s Sport Series…

1. 9th March Caboolture
  2. 29th June Logan
  3. 17th August Milton
  4. 21st September Logan
  5. 26th October Milton
  6. 21st December...Final Stop Caboolture

The event next year will be going to different centres to try something different…Caboolture will host the First and Last events for the year, and then we are looking at heading to Milton, AMF Cannon Hill, Surfers Paradise, and Logan City for the other 4 stops…

Please give us your feed back as to how you would like to see this tour run or formats you would like to see…
Do you want the format changed?
Is it Value for money? (Please remember this event was never designed to be a profit earner…
Are you happy with the change of venue? E.g. heading to the Coast!!!
Please for this circuit to survive we need your feedback both from those who bowl in it now and those that used to bowl in it…It’s a great event to test your skills…

Hi jase,
thanks for getting dates up nice and early, just one thing i think east coast champs start on the w/e of the 28/09/08 here in brisbane. not 100% sure.
thanks fred

Hey Jase as much as I would like it here at Cannon Hill I dont know if I would bowl in the ones that arent at caboolture. why because I think that caboolture is the home of sports series and it is a good day out. but then again the coast would be a good one to I guess. Just my thoughts as I really enjoy bowling this series

I think travelling to different centres & on different surfaces will be good. I still like the 8 games & change every one format, and then matchplay, thats a very challenging format and I think should be kept.

actually i think its a good idea to go around different centres... you might get new faces bowling at each centre and then they might tag along to finish the series... i know i havent bowl any sport series yet but next year i'm hoping to get to a couple

Hello all, the dates that are below are proposed dates for NEXT Year’s Sport Series…
  1. 30th March
  2. 15th June
  3. 17th August
  4. 21st September
  5. 26th October
  6. 21st December...Final Stop
The event next year will be going to different centres to try something different…Caboolture will host the First and Last events for the year, and then we are looking at heading to Milton, AMF Cannon Hill, Surfers Paradise, and Logan City for the other 4 stops…
Please give us your feed back as to how you would like to see this tour run or formats you would like to see…
Do you want the format changed?
Is it Value for money? (Please remember this event was never designed to be a profit earner…
Are you happy with the change of venue? E.g. heading to the Coast!!!
Please for this circuit to survive we need your feedback both from those who bowl in it now and those that used to bowl in it…It’s a great event to test your skills…
sounds good i love going to caboolture but i hate how far away from me it is.
a tournament at surfers sounds interesting.

Good move to bowl at different venues. Maybe it would be good to have a points race at some of them instead of just total pinfall. Say 20 bowlers , 20 points highest game 1 point lowest game. And in matchplay 3,2,1 points. Just an idea.

Just a question - are these the only centres that you are interested in holding a sports series at?
Also which dates are the right ones because there are two different sets of dates in this post thread?

I would prefer the 30th March as I will be on holidays for the first three weeks of March.

Sorry terry but if it moves to then you'll miss out on the big event at Caboolture. Details out Late Dec/ Early Jan. Great new event, doubles, pts race, finals, good cash, not too expensive.

all sounds good. like the idea of moving around different centres. looking forward to bowling more of these this year

jase what is going to happin to the 2 events that where going to be held at milton

You best be asking Scott that one…He is running these events but I know he is looking into that…

I can assure you that they won’t end up at Toowoomba…

You best be asking Scott that one…He is running these events but I know he is looking into that…
I can assure you that they won’t end up at Toowoomba…

awww why not?

everyone likes a drive:rolleyes::rolleyes:

maybe 1 of the sport series down at surfers?

awww why not?

everyone likes a drive

they wont be at toowoomba because of the way they run the sunset open it was not a very good week end

Back
Top Bottom