2008 Senior's Australian Open

Hi All

This is last time I will post. Please find attached the squad list for the weekend, we have only one spot left.

Regards
Sue Raphael

Attachments

• 2008 Seniors Australian Open Squad List.xls
    25.5 KB · Views: 69
Congratulations to Terry Paul and Jeanette Baker on their respective wins in this weekends Open - some great scores by all the bowlers just goes to show that age really is only a number!!!!

Congratulations to Paul Terry and Jeanette (My Idol) Baker - truly awesome bowling. I was there on the weekend - filling up the numbers but improving.

This might be prejudicial but - CONGRATULATIONS to my other half Alan McKay - he truly bowled beyond any expectations yesterday. Eight games over 200 - he has never even thought that he could bowl that well! Average of 222 for the day and just missed out on the money by 4 pins. Well done darling.

Hi Everyone,
I am still on cloud 9 after my 1st seniors win (I hope I can do it again sometime that was fun)
I would like to personally thank all the competitors, really our second family I suppose, as the fun, atmosphere and comradary was exceptional.
Thanks to Wayne, Sue, Robin, and the nice lady in the tournament room (sorry) and the rest of the ATBSO Vic for their hard work and even though I did hear Wayne say it wasn't fun anymore, I think he was referring to not being able to carry the 10 pin.... hmmm I can't remember anyone else having that problem ... let me think...oh yeah ..EVERYONE !
Thanks to Brett and the staff, they were great, the bar staff especially...cost me a bit though, cheaper scotch would be a plus.
I again underline my thoughts about lane conditions, if people have a good experience they will come back, as long as the enjoyment is there, but if we have a extra-ordinary hard slog then we will have second thoughts... looking at the scores, to be square with the card at such a long way down has to have it's merits, I will say right now the conditions were'nt easy either, you still had to throw a shot ... I just got lucky....

Again thanks to everyone for having fun and putting up with me ... look forward to seeing you all in SA those south aussies are fun loving guys so it should be a blast ...I would like to introduce you to Tony Long's philosophy that helped me in a couple of games...we couldn't carry (how unexpected) when Tony remarked..He found the reasoning, we call it tenpin bowling and that's why we left tenpins...let's call it strike bowling...so Tony and I held that concept that we were strike bowling ... and low and behold..we started to strike.... so maybe there is something in it .....Nah.. we were just drunk .... nice concept though.
Congratulations to Jeanette, who works very hard on her bowling and laughs to...and my "little" girl I coach a little, Brenda...again another good showing..well done...Paul Madden 2 weeks in a row throwing a 236 ave in different tournies for consecutive 2nds well done.....
Cheers ....

Paul

Thanks Paul, now everyone will want to try it...lol.. cheers and congrats to you and Jeanette once again and to all who cashed.....

Back
Top Bottom