2006 AMF Dates??

From what I gather mate the dates havent even been sent through to the centres yet at least not in brisbane thats for sure but if anyone does find out I would like to know as well.

Just wondering when these dates, are going to released. People need to make plans, for the rest of the year. Non Amf bowling centres have tornaments they need to organise, as well. Lets hope the same thing doesnt happen this year like last year, where the Western Open Date was changed 3 times.

Its good to see that tournament bowling is alive and well in Brisbane.

The dates will be released on Monday 13/2 just sorting out a few sponsorship issues etc and also trying to avoid tournament clashes.

Hopefully we can get plenty of support this year.

Anyone is free to call me at my office 07 38902481 to discuss formats sponsorship and dates.

The dates will include the Brisbane Centre to Centre both adult and junior and the Brisbane Grand Prix series.

Tony not trying to be a pain and i know you must be flat out, but i noticed on the TBA website that the QLD Tournament Calendar was released with no AMF circuit or Redcliffe City Open listed. Hope this circuit is going to run as i am sure others do too.

As for formats i would like to see Match Play come back to this series and make it more enjoyable rather then just a straight 8-10 game formats that we adopted last year. The 3 way Match Play looks quite interesting and something different to try.

Just my thoughts

Jase,

I spoke to Tony yesterday and all is sorted except for some minor clashes and possibly the addition of a tourny for this year.

Formats I don't know about but I'm sure all the centres are open to suggestions form everyone.

I would expect to see the finalised dates in the very near future but I know they were looking at the end of March for the first event.

Qld Tournament Bowlers,

I have a tentative schedule which may vary if there are any substantial clashes.

Greenslopes Cup - 2nd April
Kedron Cup - 14th May
Brisbane Cup - 16th July
Western Open - 20th August
Cannon Hill Cup - 1st October
Capalaba Cup - 12th November
Redcliffe Open - 9th 10th December
Champion of Champions - January 2007

Please let me know if there are any clashes.

This circuit has been put together to promote the tournaments in the Brisbane area with a few different formats.

Greenslopes entry form out by end of next week.

Tony Goodwin

That last event sounds interesting Tony, any more info about that ?

(and no I dont know anything about it, it's a serious question)

tony goodwin said:
Qld Tournament Bowlers,

Western Open - 20th August
Please let me know if there are any clashes.
Tony Goodwin

20th August is the last weekend of Sth Qld State Championships - more than likely Open Masters Day.

Broni

Sorry - April 2 (Greenslopes) is also Sports Series at Caboolture

This is my first time. All is well and good for the Adult tournaments but can someone give me the dates and the centres for Junior events. Brisbane area, Zones etc. We don't seem to find out any information or entry form. When they do arrive, the Junior guardian has only 2 weeks to prepare. Some of us parents work on a budget, especially if one has 3 bowlers. Some topics are very interesting, others, well I just don't bother to read. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom